• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In court again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

syskjw

What is the name of your state? Fl
I followed advice and filled a civil contempt order on my x. Recieved notice she is in Civil Contempt court date is May 31. !st time we appeared she was 2 years behind and pregnet paid $200 and got her license back. Paid not child support after that. They did not suspend her license this time. 2nd time we appeared judge scared her told her she had 2 months to get a job (just had another baby 2nd child) and to pay $200 by certain date. She paid the $200 2 days late judge put a bench warrent for $1000 and she did have to seperate jobs never paid support. Only money paid since 2nd court wass $200 + $1000 that was in September 2005. So I filled civil contempt. Child support says her licence is suspended but it is not they never upated their computer from the very first time. I checked on-line that is how I know. What can I expect at this date? This is her 3rd civil contempt.

Gracie3787

syskjw said:
I followed advice and filled a civil contempt order on my x. Recieved notice she is in Civil Contempt court date is May 31. !st time we appeared she was 2 years behind and pregnet paid $200 and got her license back. Paid not child support after that. They did not suspend her license this time. 2nd time we appeared judge scared her told her she had 2 months to get a job (just had another baby 2nd child) and to pay $200 by certain date. She paid the $200 2 days late judge put a bench warrent for $1000 and she did have to seperate jobs never paid support. Only money paid since 2nd court wass $200 + $1000 that was in September 2005. So I filled civil contempt. Child support says her licence is suspended but it is not they never upated their computer from the very first time. I checked on-line that is how I know. What can I expect at this date? This is her 3rd civil contempt.
Hopefully this time the Judge will do something, however, the sad thing is that she'll probably be let go again. The Fl. courts come down very hard on male NCPs but let female NCPs slide.
I know of 3 male CP's who have the same problem. There is one who's ex hasn't been made to pay because she keeps getting pregnant, the Judge in that case told the CP that he just has to get used to raising his kids without CS because the court cannot overide a woman's right to bear more children. Another male CP's ex hasn't followed any of the court order to pay CS, and marital debts, he's taken her to court for contempt 4 times and each time the NCP claims to have "female problems". Unbeliveably the Judge wouldn't allow the CP to ask for medical records or an explaination, the Judge simply believed what the NCP claimed and she's never been found in contempt.

I hope that you'll get a Judge who isn't so biased, but don't count on it. But then again, miracles do happen, so keep trying and just budget things so that you don't have to rely on the CS. Sorry I can't give you more hope.

StarsMoon

syskjw said:
OMG..:eek:
My hubby is in the same boat with you...:eek: :eek:
Just one detail different... we live in Fl and the x & court order are in Ga.
But, WoW.... to no offense and sorry for no legal advice but, it's nice to meet someone else that is stuck in this lousy boat too. :rolleyes: :p

Good luck in your matter. and
All I can say is stay after her...

syskjw

Good news went to court. When we do the usual she makes a offer I accept or decline and we see a judge she offered to pay $600 in 10 days. Of course I declined. The judge was not happy with the offer of $600. Told her to come up with more or she was going to jail for 161 days on a work release program. She thought he was bluffing like last time so she said that was all she could come up with. Judge said alright you have 161 days in jail on the work release program, when you get out you have 10 days to get a job, you will pay the $600 today and you will report here once a month. If you do not have a job and miss a payment you will go back to jail and you will be their until you pay all the arrears of $7,495. All the sudden she changed her position and asked how much will I have to pay to be able to walk out of here today? He replied $1500. She asked if she could go talk to her mom in the lobby. Her mom agreed to pay the money. The judge told her that you pay the $1500 today in 10 days you will pay $600 you will have a job and you will still report to me once a month.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
syskjw said:
Good news went to court. When we do the usual she makes a offer I accept or decline and we see a judge she offered to pay $600 in 10 days. Of course I declined. The judge was not happy with the offer of $600. Told her to come up with more or she was going to jail for 161 days on a work release program. She thought he was bluffing like last time so she said that was all she could come up with. Judge said alright you have 161 days in jail on the work release program, when you get out you have 10 days to get a job, you will pay the $600 today and you will report here once a month. If you do not have a job and miss a payment you will go back to jail and you will be their until you pay all the arrears of $7,495. All the sudden she changed her position and asked how much will I have to pay to be able to walk out of here today? He replied $1500. She asked if she could go talk to her mom in the lobby. Her mom agreed to pay the money. The judge told her that you pay the $1500 today in 10 days you will pay $600 you will have a job and you will still report to me once a month.
LOL. That is great. I like tha tjudge!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">