• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court date conflict

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flygrl

What is the name of your state? OH

My X husband and I have been in litigation for 3 years regarding child support. He has managed to keep deflecting from that subject in the court by filing (and losing) several contempt charges against me.

We finally have a full day hearing on May 11.

BUT - he just fired his second lawyer and the new one already HAS a court date for then.

He has already gotten this continued once - but what will the court decide in this situation?

I don't know why he fired this last lawyer - except that he keeps losing - but that has nothing to do with her - I was clearly not in contempt (and the motions were not well taken by the magistrate).

It will be months and months before we can get another full day hearing. I am almost in the poor house for all the money he owes me.

How can I get the court to hear my case in May?

flygrl

BL

You probably wont .The new Lawyer will file , and state there is a conflict with their schedual .

flygrl

Blonde Lebinese said:
You probably wont .The new Lawyer will file , and state there is a conflict with their schedual .
I kind of figured that is what would happen. But at least my lawyer can go in and advise the court that him choosing another attorney at this particular time was a very poor move and causing me even MORE financial damage.

flygrl

stealth2 said:
Shall I call a waaaaaaaaaaaambulance for you?:rolleyes:
Please stop posting on my threads. I don't need this from you or anyone else. I have every right to post a question here and expect to be treated with respect.

You have continuously mis-represented my information on these boards and there is not need for that.

Just leave me alone.

rmet4nzkx

flygrl said:
Please stop posting on my threads. I don't need this from you or anyone else. I have every right to post a question here and expect to be treated with respect.

You have continuously mis-represented my information on these boards and there is not need for that.

Just leave me alone.
You should be greatful there is another continuance so you can delay what will likely not be too pleasant for you once the court addressed your harassjment and stalking behaviors towards your ex.

Don't whine about money, you already have a good job and receive very adequate child support for the children your ex adopted.

Gosh, I feel so left out:(

flygrl

I didn't delete it if that is what you are referring to. Don't even know how.

I have not harassed anyone. That has been already proven in court. In fact - HE is in big trouble for having a lawyer send me a letter threatening me with criminal harassment (because I called his cell phone - which is something I am allowed by the court to do - and I have the phone bills to prove that I have only called 1 or 2 times a month for the last year or so. AND I don't know his home or work numbers - and havn't for months - so he can't accuse me of calling there.

It is against the law to threaten someone with criminal activity when the same activity (our communication style, frequency and type) is pending before the court.

But that is ok. My lawyer told me not to have any communication with him at all til we get done - so now I don't HAVE to respond to any of the drivel he sends me.

Problem is that there are just some people on this board that think all custodial parents are up to no good. Sorry, not the case here - no matter how many times someone on this board twists the facts of my case around - the court in Ohio continues to find me not in contempt or guilty of anything and that is what counts.

rmet4nzkx

flygrl said:
I didn't delete it if that is what you are referring to. Don't even know how.

I have not harassed anyone. That has been already proven in court. In fact - HE is in big trouble for having a lawyer send me a letter threatening me with criminal harassment (because I called his cell phone - which is something I am allowed by the court to do - and I have the phone bills to prove that I have only called 1 or 2 times a month for the last year or so. AND I don't know his home or work numbers - and havn't for months - so he can't accuse me of calling there.

It is against the law to threaten someone with criminal activity when the same activity (our communication style, frequency and type) is pending before the court.

But that is ok. My lawyer told me not to have any communication with him at all til we get done - so now I don't HAVE to respond to any of the drivel he sends me.

Problem is that there are just some people on this board that think all custodial parents are up to no good. Sorry, not the case here - no matter how many times someone on this board twists the facts of my case around - the court in Ohio continues to find me not in contempt or guilty of anything and that is what counts.
You were to communicate through the attorney's only, there is nothing wrong with his attorney sending a letter threatening you with criminal harassment, HE is not the one who is going to get into trouble. Your cel phone is not the only place from which you could call. Having a pending court case is NOT permission to be in contempt of the orders or permission to harass.:rolleyes:

flygrl

See??? What did I tell you. Never ONCE has there been any type of court order that says that we are to only communicate thru attorneys. Nope - Now at one point that is what HE wanted - but the lawyers decided that was a waste of money - so we went back to cell phone and email.

Fine - I can call from any pay phone, work phone, cell phone, friends phone. Then HE can produce his cell phone bill - I don't care - the court will see the same 1 - 2 calls a month incoming from me or anyone in my area code.

Frankly, I would have never called him if he would respond to emails and answer questions about his visitation time.

So therefore - since there is not court order saying I can only communicate with the aid of my lawyer - I can't be in contempt!!

karma1

Oy

THere has to be hundreds, if not thousands of net sites out there that will give you the answers you so desperately seek, fly...

I am astounded that you keep coming back to this one.
Why?

ellencee

rmet
Your mailbox is full. Brief answer: the "funny" applied to there, not here. r/t the article: OMG! :eek:
EC

Mediate This!

flygrl said:
Oh really?! Is he in "big trouble" now? Yeah, ooookkkk there fly-off-the-handlegrl

Umm...no it's not. Plus, if you're going attempt to fling legal lingo around get it right. You're not being threatened with "criminal activity." :rolleyes:

Is your lawyer as stupid as you are? Yeah, go ahead and ignore stuff from his lawyer. Then if it's something you need to answer/respond to within a specified period of time, be ready for sanctions against you and possibly your lawyer.

The Ohio courts are a joke...right behind the state itself as the biggest joke. Being found in contempt and using company computers for unauthorized -- and possibly illegal use, not to mention putting your company in possible legal hot water -- just to "spy" on your ex is another story.

And stop freaking lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">