• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court order in CA for Texas residing Non custodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bryndee123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am a father with full custody of my 4 children going on 6 years now. The non custodial mother who lives in Texas has been court ordered to pay $899 in Child support for the 4 children and 200 in arrears monthly equalling $1099. She has not paid any of her obligations and her employer who happens to be her wealthy grandparents are ignoring the court ordered wage garnishment. Her bank account has been seized once and now she does not have that account anymore. She lives off her grandmothers credit cards. The state of CA has sent over multiple wage assignments and reffered the case to the Texas State Attorney generals office. Does any one have any advice for me? She does get them for summer vacation in which she spends upwards of a thousand dollars on plane tickets and even more on summer camps and amusement park trips, shopping extravaganzas etc. She has the money as she spends holidays in Europe and Jamaica. She is just evading the order. Does anyone know how long a refferal to another state takes? Cant her grandparents get in trouble for ignoring the court ordered wage assigment?

garrula lingua

I don't know why Tx hasn't filed for contempt.
My suggestion is for you to call the Tx AG's office and ask about your case.
Ask them why they haven't filed for contempt.

You have the right to file for contempt through your private attorney (in Tx, it's criminal and civil contempt in the same hearing - the criminal contempt is usually for 180 days county jail, and civil contempt is usually cured by paying a coercive (or purge) amount).
When you file, you must serve the AG. Call the AG's office and ask if an attorney from the AG's office can please attend the contempt hearing to handle the financial issues. The AG's office is excellent at prosecuting contempt. Send the AG any evidence you have of Mom's having any $ available to pay cs which was spent on something other (such as vacations, etc).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">