• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court-TEXAS Style 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atxguy

What is the name of your state? Great State of TEXAS

When one has to submit their answer, it is sent to the County Clerk of the case. Am I supposed to submit a copy to the AG office too? Do you recommend certified receipt, etc.?

LdiJ

atxguy said:

When one has to submit their answer, it is sent to the County Clerk of the case. Am I supposed to submit a copy to the AG office too? Do you recommend certified receipt, etc.?
Yes, you need to submit your answer to all parties involved in the case. That means not only the AG's office, but the other parent as well. Yes, certified mail is a good idea.

ceara19

atxguy said:

If you live in or near the county it is filed in, it's worth the few minutes it takes to stop by and file your answer with the district or county clerk in person. They can send the copies to the OAG and her (in MOST counties) though their office for a small fee (usually $5-$15 each). Then there is no question as to whether things were done right. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">