• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CP stopped CS to have NCP drop contempt charges-now moved back and threatens CS again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thedorkster

What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband (NCP) filed contempt charges against the CP when she refused to allow him his visitation time with his daughter. Once she realized how much trouble she was in, she attempted to file a Domestic Violence Injunction against him (he hasn't seen her in more than 9 years) which was thrown out of court when she didn't show up. It was later confirmed that once the DVI was refused she took the daughter and moved to Tennessee without court order and without notifying my husband (with the previously mention contempt charges pending) She was found in contempt after the first hearing, before we knew she was in Tennessee. After finding that she moved, he again filed contempt charges. The CP then retained an attorney and waited until the night before the last hearing to make any contact with my husband. It was agreed that if he dropped the contempt charges for the second time and allowed his daughter to stay in Tennessee, the CP would stop child support payment in lieu of my husband paying the travel expenses to transport his daughter to Florida 3-4 times a year. All of this took place in Oct. 2005, and now that the CP doesn't have to worry about the last contempt charges, she has moved back to Florida and is refusing to allow my husband his previous biweekly schedule that was agreed on prior to her move to TN. She is also threatening that if he forces the issue and takes her back to court to remodify the visitation back to the biweekly schedule, she will ask child support to be reinstated to the maximum allowed. Now we are wondering, does this not help show that she ran to TN to escape contempt charges, transfering the child in and out of school after school, pretty much playing games with the system and not concerning herself with what's in the best interest of her child? We do have an attorney already but would like some advice on possible outcomes of this nightmarish situation. By the way we now live only 6 miles from the daughter and 3 miles from her school, so could a shared schedule be a possibility?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">