• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crossing State lines with CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mena44

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

10+ yrs ago I received a court order for CS for 4 children. This is/was collected through the county. About 5 yrs ago my Ex moved to Hawaii and left no forwarding address and quit paying CS. I told my case worker that he moved to Hawaii, and as I got information on him I would forward it on to the county. After about a year the County finally recognized that he moved and a different case worker was assigned due to him moving out of State.
My oldest son graduated a few years ago and went to Hawaii and lives with his dad now. My son has stated that where they live, (with my ex’s girlfriend) the houses don't have addresses on them. But he gave me a description of the location which I have been able to pull up on Google map. I always forward whatever information I get onto my case worker.
Last fall I really got into a bit of a discussion with my case worker on the fact that this has been going on for ever. She claimed that she and the workers in Hawaii had been doing all they could but since there has never been a real address (we only had a PO Box) that they couldn’t really do
anything. I started complaining to her that there had to be something else we could do the amount in arrears has been continuously growing (to this date he is in arrears of $80,000+, no joke). She had me write she called an Impact letter for the case to be reviewed by the Feds. This was done in Sept.'08. In Dec.'08. I contacted her to find out the status and was informed that she had missed a form and needed to resend everything and that she should know in 30 days. I just spoke with her the other day and was informed that she actually was only sending it to the State Dept. The State has to review it and approve it to be forwarded on to the Feds. It has been approved and forwarded on to the Feds now. She states that she is and will always be my only contact and that the Feds if they decide to pursue the case will only share information with the State Dept. and they only update information quarterly.
Our second oldest son will be graduating this year and my son said that he and my ex. will be coming into town for this. If he does I would like to see him get arrested for not complying with this court ordered obligation.
I’ve somewhat argued with my Case Worker that he should be arrested for not complying with this order. She claims that Minnesota doesn’t extradite people. If he came into town now that the county wouldn’t serve him papers either since he lives in Hawaii he could just up and leave before the court date.
None of this makes any sense to me, how one can continue to skip out on court order and continue to get away with it.
Any help or ideas on what I can do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">