• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS arrears new job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jryan1960

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ia

Lost my job several months back, found a new job but took a few months, new job is lower in pay by 28%. Was current with CS until March now 4 weeks behind. I did file with state CSRU to start the process to lower CS due to lower wage. In the meantime ex keeps threatning to take me to court. I receieved a letter from the state CSRU that all CS issues will be handled by them.

Its been 3 weeks since I filed the motion to lower CS, due I need to worry about ex taking me to court even thought the state child support unit has taken over the case in regards to CS.

jryan1960

Ohiogal

From March 4th to April 22 I have missed 2 payments, I also missed 1 payment in January and 1 Febuary, I pay all my CS payments thru state child support recovery unit and I pay a few dollars extra each payment, I am setup to pay weekly.

And this is somewhat related my health insurance for me and my child have increased 75$ for medical and 22$ for dental (I have a private dental plan) reason why I applied thru state CSRU to lower CS payment.

Thank you for replying to my question.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ohiogal

From March 4th to April 22 I have missed 2 payments, I also missed 1 payment in January and 1 Febuary, I pay all my CS payments thru state child support recovery unit and I pay a few dollars extra each payment, I am setup to pay weekly.

And this is somewhat related my health insurance for me and my child have increased 75$ for medical and 22$ for dental (I have a private dental plan) reason why I applied thru state CSRU to lower CS payment.

Thank you for replying to my question.
Why didn't you pay ANYTHING during that time? Even a few dollars?

LdiJ

Why didn't you pay ANYTHING during that time? Even a few dollars?
He said he is set up to pay weekly. March 4 to April 22 is 6 weeks. He said that he missed two payments in that time. That would tend to indicate that he made 4 payments...or at least 3 if I added the days wrong.

jryan1960

Ohiogal year to date out of 17 payments this year so far I pay weekly I have made 13 payments for 2200$ out of 2700$ that I should of paid. Again I missed 1 week in January, 1 week in February and 1 week in March and 1 in April I have been paying SOMETHING

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ohiogal year to date out of 17 payments this year so far I pay weekly I have made 13 payments for 2200$ out of 2700$ that I should of paid. Again I missed 1 week in January, 1 week in February and 1 week in March and 1 in April I have been paying SOMETHING
I misunderstood. Okay? I misunderstood... Contempt will most likely come with a purge period to get you caught up. Keep paying what you can and working on the modification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">