• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jersey31

New Jersey

Hello recently I have been doubting if my child is mine. I have done a DNA test and am currently waiting for the results. If the child turns out not to be mine can I have the CS case dropped?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
New Jersey

Hello recently I have been doubting if my child is mine. I have done a DNA test and am currently waiting for the results. If the child turns out not to be mine can I have the CS case dropped?
Still trying to get out of supporting the 3 year old? :cool:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/probation-hearing-595158.html

Jersey31

Still trying to get out of supporting the 3 year old? :cool:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/probation-hearing-595158.html
Actually I just found out that there was another person whom mom was with around the same time. Plus the child looks exactly like the other potential father. I love her to death and I don't care about the CS it is what it is.

So can I file a motion to drop the the CS case if it turns out the child isn't mine?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The DNA test you are doing means nothing in the eyes of the court. You are the child's father. Period.

Proserpina

even if the mom is in a relationship with the other potential father? Why is that?

Because generally there's only a relatively small window in which an AOP/DOP can be challenged by either signatory.

And again generally, once that window has closed (think 60 days or so), the only person who'd have standing would be the potential biological father.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Because generally there's only a relatively small window in which an AOP/DOP can be challenged by either signatory.

And again generally, once that window has closed (think 60 days or so), the only person who'd have standing would be the potential biological father.
From my casual glance at the applicable information, it seems that the OP may have had 2 years from the time that the court found him to be the father (I'm assuming that he didn't sign an AOP/DOB)

Jersey31

Well i think he would want to being as he and mom just had a baby together.

One other question is, my child has a medicated lotion that needs to be applied 2 times a day everyday for a rash. the rash however is spreading because mom isn't putting the medication on as directed. I know this because i took her to the dr and he said the only way it would spread is if the medication isnt be applied. I only have her on weekends and i apply it as directed.

Is this a form of neglect? How can i get mom to apply this medication as directed?

Proserpina

Well i think he would want to being as he and mom just had a baby together.

You may be surprised at how many biological parents do NOT want to bring forth a paternity suit - if they get to play house with their bio child without having to be financially responsible, they get the best of both worlds.

One other question is, my child has a medicated lotion that needs to be applied 2 times a day everyday for a rash. the rash however is spreading because mom isn't putting the medication on as directed. I know this because i took her to the dr and he said the only way it would spread is if the medication isnt be applied. I only have her on weekends and i apply it as directed.

Is this a form of neglect? How can i get mom to apply this medication as directed?
You need to make up your mind here - do you want to be Dad, or not?

And SPECIFICALLY, what is the diagnosis?

Jersey31

You may be surprised at how many biological parents do NOT want to bring forth a paternity suit - if they get to play house with their bio child without having to be financially responsible, they get the best of both worlds.

You need to make up your mind here - do you want to be Dad, or not?

And SPECIFICALLY, what is the diagnosis?
well until proven otherwise I am still her dad. its a scalp fungi and she could go bald if medication isn't applied as directed

CJane

I am sorry. The diagnosis is Tinea Capitis
Interestingly, the recommended treatment for tinea capitis is NOT topical. It likely will make very little difference in the progression of the infection, whether Mom applies this lotion/cream/ointment or not. The recommended treatment is an oral regimen lasting 10 weeks or so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">