• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS different from amount of CO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? SC

I finally got my 1st CS check yesterday, but it was not the amount that was stated on my CO. The CO states the current amount to be deducted PLUS a certain amount for arrears PLUS it says the total amount to be taken out (which is higher b/c it includes court costs). However, the amount they took out of his check was only enough for the current amount plus the amount toward the arrears & then they deducted the court costs from my portion.

Is it possible for CSE to change the amount w/out my permission after I signed off on the CO? I had agreed to deviate from the amount he was supposed to pay... but had I known this would happen, I would have went for the higher amount.

nextwife

There are laws that limit the amount of CS that can be deducted to a maximum amount of income. If the court order was based on an annual figure that INCLUDES commissions and/or bonuses, perhaps the current paychecks are not high enough for the ordered amount to be garnished without exceeding federal law?

http://www.osrllg.com/federal_fs7.php

N

nicetryadmin

Claire's mom said:
What is the name of your state? SC

I finally got my 1st CS check yesterday, but it was not the amount that was stated on my CO. The CO states the current amount to be deducted PLUS a certain amount for arrears PLUS it says the total amount to be taken out (which is higher b/c it includes court costs). However, the amount they took out of his check was only enough for the current amount plus the amount toward the arrears & then they deducted the court costs from my portion.

Is it possible for CSE to change the amount w/out my permission after I signed off on the CO? I had agreed to deviate from the amount he was supposed to pay... but had I known this would happen, I would have went for the higher amount.
What does your order say you are to recieve PER MONTH?

Wrong amount

Well, I finally got a person in CSE to answer the phone & they told me that this CS amount was not an amount that was deducted from his pay. This was an amount that he actually went down to CSE & made in person.

He thinks he paid the amount that CO says he owes me each pay period, but they took out court costs from that. So really he only gets credit for the amount he paid after they deducted the court costs, right? I'm keeping my own records plus I want to make sure he realizes all of the extra court costs that he will be paying.

Hey CM,

For the past month, my amount has not been the total amount as well. I am assuming he is working less hours so therefore they couldn't take all that was due. Wait and see what the next 3 checks look like before calling your agency handling the case.

NotSoNew

can you check your account online? if he payed the wrong amount, it should say his balance still and it should reflect what he hasnt paid.

I don't know if there's an on-line site to verify this info. They didn't mention one & I've tried to do google searches & I can't find anything. Do you have any suggestions on where to look? I live in Spartanburg, SC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">