• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS and Lawyers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

topsidder

What is the name of your state? SC

No question just a posting. Have been gone from this site for awhile. I like the new look.

I have read many of the available posts and most ask the same questions I asked when my husband was pay child support. I will say this, the "new" laws have the appearance of equality where as for my husband it was not so. But WE fought it. So here is my experiences:

LAWYERS: Do not waste your money. If your legal issue is with CSE (State or Fed) do not hire an attorney. CS laws are cemented. Little wiggle room for negotiations. Go in alone and do your best to at least get the appearance of equality. However, both the NCP and the CP can pursue legal issues without CSE involvement. Here I recommend an attorney AND A COURT REPORTER.

LENGTH OF SUPPORT: This seems to be fluid. Something I have never understood. My husband and I (yes the new wife of 13 years) fought this one and hard. His divorce was in 1989, laws had changed, CSE wanted his existing order to change with the laws. We fought it and won.

In my humble, untrained opinion, and with over 13 years of "in the middle" experience I have seen the system manipulate existing orders (think hard here. In what other matter of law can a judge change, yes change, an existing order penned by another judge w/o going to a higher court), mess with dead peopl's wills, and create one of the most elaborate "share the wealth" programs that makes welfare look cheap. We all need to be asking ourselves WTF has family law come to when they can arbitrarely change an existing divorce decree, decide that an inheritance from a legal will really was meant to go to a minor, that a college decree is now owed to your children (and only if you were lucky enough to have your parents divorce), and force non-biological, tax paying citizens to pay for someone elses child.

WAKE UP AMERICA. TIME TO TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS. DO NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT. Even though it is over for my husband, I still continue to seek change in a system I believe is IN CONTEMPT!!!!!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Nice diatribe. No legal question so against the TOS. Please close this thread or I will ask the moderators to do it for you.

AHA

topsidder said:
and force non-biological, tax paying citizens to pay for someone elses child.
If HIS cs was automatically taken from YOUR paycheck (which is what you are implying), then you should have encouraged your hubby get himself a better paying job so he could have paid it with his own income.

GrowUp!

topsidder said:
LAWYERS: Do not waste your money. If your legal issue is with CSE (State or Fed) do not hire an attorney. CS laws are cemented. Little wiggle room for negotiations. Go in alone and do your best to at least get the appearance of equality. However, both the NCP and the CP can pursue legal issues without CSE involvement. Here I recommend an attorney AND A COURT REPORTER.
CSEA is bound by Administrative Law and they can not deviate from that. That's why each and every person is entitled to appeal that decision in a Court of Law, where a Judge has actual powers to deviate from that order, as the court is NOT bound by the same Admin Law CSEA is.
I've talked to a few CSEA employees overtime (in different counties) and they've all said that each and every person SHOULD BE using the appeal process that is given to them.

topsidder

OHIOGAL: Do not know how to close a thread so pls ask mod to do so TY

AHA: My husband always paid his support, i was referring to the non-bio dads (mother is easy to identify or i would not have selected a gender) whose DNA proves not dad and still forced to pay for support. It is that ol' argument "best interest of the child" but I will get off the soap box.

Seems this site has become more of a monitoring site vs a place to post comments, questions concerns.

Will rephrase in question format in the future. thank you for pointing that out OHIOGAL

AHA

topsidder said:
AHA: My husband always paid his support,

Which mean YOU are NOT paying it like you suggested in your post, so nuff said!!!!!

i was referring to the non-bio dads (mother is easy to identify or i would not have selected a gender) whose DNA proves not dad and still forced to pay for support.

And all those non-bio dads have all the right in the world to get a lawyer and fight for their right or freedom, so how are they YOUR financial problem exactly????

Seems this site has become more of a monitoring site vs a place to post comments, questions concerns.
Not really, I'm sure there are other sites that accomodates whining spouses who have no business getting involved in other people's responsibilities towards their kids.

topsidder

Q: How come when we told CSE to go away they never did?

If my post is so offensive you close it. From here on in I will follow the rules, I will phrase in questions format.

TY

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
topsidder said:
Q: How come when we told CSE to go away they never did?

If my post is so offensive you close it. From here on in I will follow the rules, I will phrase in questions format.

TY
Because CSE is statutory and they dont' have to listen to you. They have to listen to the state.

AHA

topsidder said:
If my post is so offensive you close it.
First of all, who the hell are you talking to? If you don't know how to use the functions (i.e QUOTE) here, you shouldn't be here.
Second, wipe out your own posts, don't expect others to clean up on the forum after you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">