• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS Modification?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hogtied

What is the name of your state? FL

What are the guidelines allowing an ex to modify CS payments?

If my earnings increase is she able to get more money? If this is the case, then shouldn't I be able to take her to court to lower my support if she increases her earnings?

If that's not the case... why the double standard?

ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

Silverplum

Hogtied said:

If my earnings increase is she able to get more money? If this is the case, then shouldn't I be able to take her to court to lower my support if she increases her earnings?

http://ocse.acf.hhs.gov/ext/irg/sps/report.cfm?State=FL

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/florida/flart_08

Gracie3787

Hogtied said:

All of the CS laws are in Chapter 61 at www.flsenate.org/

The CP's earnings going up doesn't always mean that the CS will decrease. Sometimes it can actually increase the CS because the combined income has increased. Do some calculations to see if CS would increase or decrease with CP's increased income.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">