• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS not received

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kpepperz

What is the name of your state? IL

I am asking this on behalf of my husband....

He is having a problem finding out what happened to a CS payment that was to have been direct deposited 4/18/06 from his ex-wife. She is employed by a huge company, and they do their CS garnishments by EFTto the ILSDU. He knows she worked that week, and therefore got paid. He waited till 4/25 (the next scheduled payment) to see if the amount was somehow "delayed", and just the regular amount was deposited for that week.

Dealing with her is impossible, so he called the human resource department and asked them if the cs was withheld. The lady said "Yes, and I cannot advise or inform you of anything else". :confused: She told my husband to talk to his ex, and he replied that she will only say it was taken out and it's not her problem anymore.

What can he do about this? Where can a parent trn to to get answers about electronic payments?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It could be stuck at the ILCSDU or whateve ryou call it. I went three weeks without CS because of a screw up after the money was deducted from his check. The check used by his company got lost so EVERYONE that worked there had their child support lost. It happens. One week is no time at all. I am supposed to get Child support every two weeks. Sometimes it is almost a month between checks and then I get two checks close together. Ex may have done nothing wrong for hubby's CS to be delayed. The child support agency has time -- they usually give the company two weeks to get a payment to them and then they have a week to ten days to transfer the money to the recipient. Exact times may differ by state statute. If your ex does not want to talk to ex there is nothing more he can do yet. He can complain to the state child support agency or his caseworker. If the money has been deducted from her however it is not her fault he hasn't gotten it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">