• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS Order/Medical Assistance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bononos

What is the name of your state?
OH
As you may remember or not.
Dad got fired, works under the table while collecting unemployment.
Joint Custody 50/50 even as of now.
2 years ago, Dad used son to get medical for himself basically, causing me to lose my medical coverage for a period of time. (Income sensitive program, low-cost, but will not cover if child is on assistance).
So, last year filed to Mod. CS.
Current CS order states I am to carry coverage (same plan).
AGAIN...I find out he used son to get assistance and I am losing my coverage.
I spoke with the case worker personally.

I guess I just have file contempt?
In the mean time, I NEED to get son a check-up for preschool records by May 1 and one last immunization.
I don't want to get stuck with bills I haven't caused and should have been covered if it weren't for the a-hole using our son.
I still am paying the over $3,000 from the last time ex pulled this crap and in the end, no medical covered the hospital bills.

Just Blue

bononos said:
What is the name of your state?
OH
As you may remember or not.
Dad got fired, works under the table while collecting unemployment.
Joint Custody 50/50 even as of now.
2 years ago, Dad used son to get medical for himself basically, causing me to lose my medical coverage for a period of time. (Income sensitive program, low-cost, but will not cover if child is on assistance).
So, last year filed to Mod. CS.
Current CS order states I am to carry coverage (same plan).
AGAIN...I find out he used son to get assistance and I am losing my coverage.
I spoke with the case worker personally.

I guess I just have file contempt?
In the mean time, I NEED to get son a check-up for preschool records by May 1 and one last immunization.
I don't want to get stuck with bills I haven't caused and should have been covered if it weren't for the a-hole using our son.
I still am paying the over $3,000 from the last time ex pulled this crap and in the end, no medical covered the hospital bills.

I am assuming that when you say the dad is using the child to get medical...you mean Medicade?
If the child is already covered by a medical plan...How is he getting medicade?? If he telling them child has no coverage?...Wouldn't that be fraud

bononos

baystategirl said:
I am assuming that when you say the dad is using the child to get medical...you mean Medicade?
If the child is already covered by a medical plan...How is he getting medicade?? If he telling them child has no coverage?...Wouldn't that be fraud
It was the medical assistance office that I am dealing with.
I'm not sure what form free medical it is.
That's the problem...I think this AGAIN is fraud.
I know that when taking into account eligibility for assistance (be it medical, food stamps, etc...) the income of the ENTIRE household and property and expenses is to be considerd.
Ex lives with his mother, a 25 yr. nurse, in a 4.5 BR, 3 bath. Brother, in reserves, combined there are 4 newer vehicles.
Plus, our support order states I am to carry the insurance.
Plus, he does not have son over 1/2 the year.
I am not sure yet, but last time, and I'm guessing this time, he may be getting food stamps AND cash assistance.
I think it's fraud.
I think it's contempt.
And, I think it sucks he uses son to get these things, adults have a better chance of getting assistance with children than alone.

Shawna

bononos said:
I know that when taking into account eligibility for assistance (be it medical, food stamps, etc...) the income of the ENTIRE household and property and expenses is to be considerd.

And, I think it sucks he uses son to get these things, adults have a better chance of getting assistance with children than alone.

That's not necessarily true. For food stamps all he has to do is say that he prepares meals separately.

Medicaid in most cases is used as secondary insurance if child is already covered by another plan.
I do agree that it sucks that he's using your son to get assistance. I don't know the full background of your situation, but why doesn't he work?

bononos

Shawna said:
That's not necessarily true. For food stamps all he has to do is say that he prepares meals separately.

Medicaid in most cases is used as secondary insurance if child is already covered by another plan.
I do agree that it sucks that he's using your son to get assistance. I don't know the full background of your situation, but why doesn't he work?
He pays me $40 a month support currently specifically towards the health insurance that is court ordered.
He is about $2,000 in arrears from the last time he pulled this and the medical bills from sons hospital trip were in turn not covered by either due to his scheming.
He was earning $16/hr, got fired in Sept., decided to do drywall under-the-table and collect unemployment ever since. It is now 8 months and he has no proof he's even look nor applied for a new job.
So, he is actually working, just not claiming.
By court order I and only I am to provide the insurance. There is nothing about secondary.
The fact also is that I am under this plan, as the court knows, and so is my other son.
Now, I am not covered nor is he as of now due to ex lying and using our son in common to get assistance for himself.

Shawna

bononos said:
He pays me $40 a month support currently specifically towards the health insurance that is court ordered.
He is about $2,000 in arrears from the last time he pulled this and the medical bills from sons hospital trip were in turn not covered by either due to his scheming.
He was earning $16/hr, got fired in Sept., decided to do drywall under-the-table and collect unemployment ever since. It is now 8 months and he has no proof he's even look nor applied for a new job.
So, he is actually working, just not claiming.
By court order I and only I am to provide the insurance. There is nothing about secondary.
The fact also is that I am under this plan, as the court knows, and so is my other son.
Now, I am not covered nor is he as of now due to ex lying and using our son in common to get assistance for himself.

Is it possible that you can go to the medical assistance office and show them proof that your son is not living with him and that he's committing fraud?

bononos

Shawna said:
Is it possible that you can go to the medical assistance office and show them proof that your son is not living with him and that he's committing fraud?
I have a case worker I've been in contact with, I hope she'll handle it.
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">