• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS when spouse works cash jobs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PickleZ

What is the name of your state? Maryland

What happens in a situation where the ex, who is required to pay child support, starts working cash jobs? I'm taking my ex to court for CS. She'll claim she is unemployed, but, is known to be working cash, under-the-table jobs. How is this kind of situation handled in the courts? Thanks.

VeronicaGia

PickleZ said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland

What happens in a situation where the ex, who is required to pay child support, starts working cash jobs? I'm taking my ex to court for CS. She'll claim she is unemployed, but, is known to be working cash, under-the-table jobs. How is this kind of situation handled in the courts? Thanks.
Can you prove it?

If not, ask the judge to either impute income to her based on what she could be making if she was working, or in the very least, full time at minimum wage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">