• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CSE vs CS collection agency?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Good2know

What is the name of your state? FL

Sorry, this is not a legal question.... But, should someone consider using a cs collection agency?

Pro's vs Con's that I am aware of is:
CSE - takes way to long to do anything
Agency - takes 30%... but if you not getting anything what do you have to loose...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Good2know said:

Sorry, this is not a legal question.... But, should someone consider using a cs collection agency?

Agency - takes 30%... but if you not getting anything what do you have to loose...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
CSE arrearages never go away. Keep it with them. Not a collection agency.

GrowUp!

Good2know said:

The biggest differences...while your complaint that CSEA moves "too slow" (please name ANY state agency that actually does not move anythin above a snails' pace), an order from a CSEA is a legal order.

If you let one of those "child support collection" agencies, not only do they take a percentage, it's not a legal order (last I heard). It also becomes a debt -- just like a credit card -- and can be wiped out in any bankruptcy proceeding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">