• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custodial Parent Is Convicted Felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmpfannenstiel

Kansas is the child enforcement state. Custodial Parent has had 4 dui's and does not work. I know their has to be court fines and restituation. My question is do the courts take fines and such out of potential child support because that is her only known income. I highly doubt they would do this but I need to found out.

Thank you

What is the name of your state (Kansas)

Antigone*

Kansas is the child enforcement state. Custodial Parent has had 4 dui's and does not work. I know their has to be court fines and restituation. My question is do the courts take fines and such out of potential child support because that is her only known income. I highly doubt they would do this but I need to found out.

Thank you

What is the name of your state (Kansas)
You do not have a right to know this information. If your child is fed, clothed and has a roof over their head, then you know all there is to know.

jmpfannenstiel

You do not have a right to know this information. If your child is fed, clothed and has a roof over their head, then you know all there is to know.
Don't understand all the hate ...When she complains to my family that all she receives for monthly child support is $ 180 when the judgement is $455 and that is what is taking out of my salary then I wonder why she only gets that amount.

This is not a matter of who's business is who's but an attempt to find out if money is held out for things that a custodial parent may owe.

I'm just trying to fiqure out why she claims to only receives the smaller amount.

I'm not in arrears to the state and carry quality medical, dental, and vision insurance on my son and that is not a cheap investment but very needed.

Antigone*

Don't understand all the hate ...When she complains to my family that all she receives for monthly child support is $ 180 when the judgement is $455 and that is what is taking out of my salary then I wonder why she only gets that amount.

This is not a matter of who's business is who's but an attempt to find out if money is held out for things that a custodial parent may owe.

I'm just trying to fiqure out why she claims to only receives the smaller amount.

I'm not in arrears to the state and carry quality medical, dental, and vision insurance on my son and that is not a cheap investment but very needed.
No hate here. Just stated a fact.

Now let me ask you this: Is she on State aid?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">