• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custodial Parent Lying about her Income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DazedDad

What is the name of your state? CA

I have been served papers saying that I owe (according to the courts) about $250 more than what she & I initially agreed (outside the courts) upon 3 years ago (since the child's birth) = $500.

The papers state the correct income for myself (net $3135 monthly), however I believe that she makes a bit more than what is listed (net $2385 monthly).

What can I do legally without having to hire a lawyer or is this my only option?

Thanks for your input.

Gracie3787

I have been served papers saying that I owe (according to the courts) about $250 more than what she & I initially agreed (outside the courts) upon 3 years ago (since the child's birth) = $500.

The papers state the correct income for myself (net $3135 monthly), however I believe that she makes a bit more than what is listed (net $2385 monthly).

What can I do legally without having to hire a lawyer or is this my only option?

Thanks for your input.
What kind of papers were you served with? Is it a petition or a court order for support?

LdiJ

Thanks for your input.
You do realize that child support is modifiable and generally increases as a parent's income increases?

Do a google search for an online child support calculator for your state and run the numbers. I think that you will find that it won't make any significant difference if mom's income is a little higher than what is listed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">