+ Reply to Thread
    DazedDad is offline Junior Member

Custodial Parent Lying about her Income

What is the name of your state? CA

I have been served papers saying that I owe (according to the courts) about $250 more than what she & I initially agreed (outside the courts) upon 3 years ago (since the child's birth) = $500.

The papers state the correct income for myself (net $3135 monthly), however I believe that she makes a bit more than what is listed (net $2385 monthly).

What can I do legally without having to hire a lawyer or is this my only option?

Thanks for your input.
    Gracie3787 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DazedDad View Post

I have been served papers saying that I owe (according to the courts) about $250 more than what she & I initially agreed (outside the courts) upon 3 years ago (since the child's birth) = $500.

The papers state the correct income for myself (net $3135 monthly), however I believe that she makes a bit more than what is listed (net $2385 monthly).

What can I do legally without having to hire a lawyer or is this my only option?

Thanks for your input.
    What kind of papers were you served with? Is it a petition or a court order for support?
    CourtClerk is offline Senior Member
    Sitting at the computer probably rolling my eyes at your post
    What kind of proof do you have, other than what you believe that her income is not what she stated?
    LdiJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DazedDad View Post

Thanks for your input.
    You do realize that child support is modifiable and generally increases as a parent's income increases?

Do a google search for an online child support calculator for your state and run the numbers. I think that you will find that it won't make any significant difference if mom's income is a little higher than what is listed.