• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody law for unmarried couples in oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bettyboop0512

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon Law

So I am a single mother. My daughter is only ten months old. I live with my boyfriend and his parents. I want to move to a different state and start a new life with my daughter but my boyfriend and his parents won't let me take her because it is their first grandchild (his parents) and his first born, my second. I can't take them to court because I have no money and two they know people who are able to help them out whereas I dont have family support or any sort of support going on for me. My biggest fear is that if I do agree to leave my daughter here and move to another state that I would never see her again. My boyfriend and I have been together for way too long and our relationship has been an unhealthy one from the get to. We are both not happy but I feel obligated to stay with him even more now because of our daughter. But, I dont want my daughter to grow up in a negative environment. I dont know what to do.

Bottom line is that I want a new life without my baby's daddy. I dont want to leave my daughter with him and his parents for the reason that I might not see her again. He is a momma's boy and he will do whatever his mom says and Im scared that she will talk him into trying to gain custody of my daughter. These people are very high opinionated, dominant people. It's their way or the high way.

Anyone know of any pro-bono companies for this kinda stuff?

please help :(

concerned mom

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon Law

So I am a single mother. My daughter is only ten months old. I live with my boyfriend and his parents. I want to move to a different state and start a new life with my daughter but my boyfriend and his parents won't let me take her because it is their first grandchild (his parents) and his first born, my second. I can't take them to court because I have no money and two they know people who are able to help them out whereas I dont have family support or any sort of support going on for me. My biggest fear is that if I do agree to leave my daughter here and move to another state that I would never see her again. My boyfriend and I have been together for way too long and our relationship has been an unhealthy one from the get to. We are both not happy but I feel obligated to stay with him even more now because of our daughter. But, I dont want my daughter to grow up in a negative environment. I dont know what to do.

Bottom line is that I want a new life without my baby's daddy. I dont want to leave my daughter with him and his parents for the reason that I might not see her again. He is a momma's boy and he will do whatever his mom says and Im scared that she will talk him into trying to gain custody of my daughter. These people are very high opinionated, dominant people. It's their way or the high way.

Anyone know of any pro-bono companies for this kinda stuff?

please help :(

concerned mom

Why is moving out State in the best interest of your child?

Answer that question first and we'll go from there.

nextwife

Oh, and where is dad of child one? Is he involved, does he have a parenting schedule? Because he, too, could prevent a more out of state. Or does it not matter to you if either of your kids have their father in their everyday life?

I garee with needing an explaination of why you can't just move out to a place out of their home? Why must your move be out of state?

bettyboop0512

moving out of state

I am moving out of state because I can't be here with the father of my child. He verbally abuses me and I am not going to take anymore of that. I am the only one here with no family supoprt or moral support and I need to move to another state to be with my family where they can help me. I need to start fresh and build a new life for me and my daughter. The father of my first born was in the army and he got blown up by an i.u.d. I went back to school so that is why my parents had to watch my first born. So dont sit on your XXX and critize me because you don't know what kind of life I have been through. If you CANT or WONT give me suggestions or whatnot then XXXX and XXXX. Everyone has a story to their lives; DONT JUDGE. If I knew that my life would be like that then I wouldn't be posting threads here asking if anyone is in similar situation that I am in now, would I?

Last edited by a moderator:

Proserpina

I am moving out of state because I can't be here with the father of my child. He verbally abuses me and I am not going to take anymore of that. I am the only one here with no family supoprt or moral support and I need to move to another state to be with my family where they can help me. I need to start fresh and build a new life for me and my daughter. The father of my first born was in the army and he got blown up by an i.u.d. I went back to school so that is why my parents had to watch my first born. So dont sit on your asses and critize me because you don't know what kind of life I have been through. If you CANT or WONT give me suggestions or whatnot then SHUT THE HELL UP and GET TO STEPPIN. Everyone has a story to their lives; DONT JUDGE. If I knew that my life would be like that then I wouldn't be posting threads here asking if anyone is in similar situation that I am in now, would I?

BOTTOM LINE, IF YOU GOT SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY THEN SHOVE IT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE

Goodnight then.

You're not likely to get any help here with that embarrassing attitude of yours.

(I will give you a freebie though: If Dad fights this, kiddo isn't going anywhere. You're lonely? Have no support? Move to a different community and make some friends - IN STATE).

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hey Betty, your gutter mouth is about to get you kicked off of here. If boyfriend fights you, you will not be moving. You will however be off this forum. Try to grow up.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What?!?!?! He was killed by an IntraUterine Device??? :eek:

pssssst, honey? I think you mean an IED - Improvised Explosive Device. :rolleyes:
Betty is not here anymore. She has been shoved out the door. Though it would be interesting to be blown up by an IUD -- the newest weapon in the war between the sexes?

mistoffolees

Hey Betty, your gutter mouth is about to get you kicked off of here. If boyfriend fights you, you will not be moving. Y
Not necessarily true. Betty can move wherever she wants. It is the child who might not be moving. (you know this, of course, but just so someone doesn't get the wrong idea).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">