• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

D0 I have to pay support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

louvic9096

What is the name of your state? NY

Good day,

I am currently paying child support for my daughter age 16 and son age 10.

My daughter has dropped out of school and is currently working full time off the books.

My question is to I still have to pay support for my daughter.

Thanks.

Neal1421

louvic9096 said:

Good day,

My daughter has dropped out of school and is currently working full time off the books.

Thanks.
Your child drops out of school and your concern is whether or not you still have to pay support??? :eek:

Yes, you do have to pay unless she becomes emancipated.

AHA

louvic9096 said:

Good day,

Thanks.
Stop wasting people's time here, surely you have some kind of life to live.

Gracie3787

louvic9096 said:

Good day,

Thanks.
Yes, you still have to pay CS for her because she's still a minor. What you can and SHOULD do is do something to ensure that your daughter gets an education, or at the very least a GED. One thing you can do is to file for custody and a modification of CS also. However, you'll have to prove to the court that it is in your daughter's best interest and that you will require your daughter to attend classes to get a GED or regular diploma.

Either way, your top priority should be your daughter's lack of education and the CS issue should come second.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">