• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DAY CARE SUPPORT in ILLINOIS???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dancehallqueen

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hello. I have a court order that stipulates my ex must pay half of my son's daycare expenses and half of his medical. i went to the state child support division to have them help me collect since he's paid $0 in the past 5 months since the order was issued and the state says they can't help me collect on day care only medical. Day care is the majority of what i need since his day care costs $700/month.

What do I do to collect this money? My ex isn't working because he's in grad school until this August and not allowed to work. We already have a date set by the judge for this august to modify the order once he graduates.

is there anything i can do to get money from him in the meantime or will i just have to wait half a year with nothing???

when i go back to court, will the judge order him to pay back support for the day care payments/medical he was ordered to pay since last year and never paid? (it's over $3000 now...)

please advise. thanks! :D

goodneighbor2

They helped me collect daycare

I'm in Illinois also. My court order also states that we are each responsible for half of daycare and unreimbursed medical bills. I have had to take my ex back to court to hold him to that court order. The court did make him pay back child care, medical and all legal fees.

I had a good, experienced lawyer who specialized in family law.

dancehallqueen

oh, thank you so much for the reassurance. i have a good lawyer too, but i'm afraid to pay the lawyers when i go back to court (they charge $250/hour) but it sounds like they may make him pay my lawyers fees when i go back to court??? yeaaaaayyyyy! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">