• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daycare expenses if one parent does not use daycare.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

p.p.williams196

Washington

Child support decree states that expenses beyond ordered child support are to be split 60/40.

My ex wants to take our daughter out of daycare during the time that she had custody and believes that I will be solely responsible for the expense of child care while our daughter is in my custody.

Under the current terms, wouldn't she still be responsible for her portion, which is 60%?

Wouldn't she need to file for a change to child support to alter this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Washington

Child support decree states that expenses beyond ordered child support are to be split 60/40.

My ex wants to take our daughter out of daycare during the time that she had custody and believes that I will be solely responsible for the expense of child care while our daughter is in my custody.

Under the current terms, wouldn't she still be responsible for her portion, which is 60%?

Wouldn't she need to file for a change to child support to alter this?
Most daycare centers will charge whether the child is there or not. If they don't, then they will drop the child.

ETA: There's really no need to start another thread for what is, essentially, the same topic: https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/childcare-expense-variation-626168.html

p.p.williams196

Most daycare centers will charge whether the child is there or not. If they don't, then they will drop the child.

ETA: There's really no need to start another thread for what is, essentially, the same topic: https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/childcare-expense-variation-626168.html
That does not address my question. My ex is trying to avoid paying any childcare at all. By removing our daughter, I would be forced to find a daycare that would watch my daughter part time, as I only have her 40% of the time. Of course there would be childcare expense, but she believes that since she wouldn't be using it, then she wouldn't be responsible for her portion of the expense.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That does not address my question. My ex is trying to avoid paying any childcare at all. By removing our daughter, I would be forced to find a daycare that would watch my daughter part time, as I only have her 40% of the time. Of course there would be childcare expense, but she believes that since she wouldn't be using it, then she wouldn't be responsible for her portion of the expense.
Please post this question in your other thread related to this subject. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">