• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

daycare portion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Maine

Not sure if this the the correct area, but here we go. I have my 2 sons enrolled in daycare, of which their father pays a portion of. It is all included in the child support order. He has lived about 2 - 2 1/2 hours away from me, and has now moved about another hour further. We have been divorced for almost 5 years now. There has never been an issue about him needing a daycare for when he has the kids (EOW and (2) two week breaks in the summer) until now, he's getting remarried (don't know if that's the factor or what). He is trying to get me to pay for a portion of the daycare for when the boys are with him. His work schedule is such that he does not work every day (paramedic/firefighter), so the boys would not need to be in a daycare every day (For that matter, they probably won't be in a daycare at all, they are just trying to get me to pay for it).

My question is this - would a judge order that 2 day cares be kept and paid for? The boys are in daycare here with me on a daily basis, before/after school and during the summer weeks they are with me (except when we have family outings planned, or when they are with their grandparents). The daycare has to be paid no matter if they are there or not, so I still have to pay for their daycare for the 2 week stretches they are with their dad.

Could I be ordered to pay for daycare while they're with their father? Again, for the past 5 years, he has never had the boys in a daycare while having his visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">