• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

daycare and support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frustratedbr

What is the name of your state?CA
In a court order it states that my ex-husband is to pay me child support on the 1st and 15th of every month and he is to pay half of child care. He pays me support in the amount of $200 at the end of every month instead of $100 twice a month. In regards to child care he is to pay every other week and he is always late so I get statements stating balance is due and so forth. I ask him if he is going to pay and he states he will get to it. Since it is straight to the daycare is there anything I can do to get him to pay in a timely manner since I am the one they go to if he does not pay? Also is there anything I can do to make sure he pays the child support as the court order says or should I just be happy he is paying at all?

Honestly I think you answered your own question. I agree he may be slow at meeting his obligations, but do I think that it is worth the fight... No I do not.

Keep working on him and see if you can get him to comply, encourage him to comply. There are sacrifices all over during this time, which last anywhere from 18-21 year (from time of birth). Keep issues within the constraint of you two as much as possible, it is highly worth it.

frustratedbr

thanks for the input

I agree in regards to cs but in regards to daycare it is more complicated since he is constantly a week or more late, the daycare comes to me for payment since I was the one who signed up my child for the daycare. I work fulltime so definitely need the daycare, I have already paid the daycare for him once when he asked me to since he wasn't going to be able to get to the daycare with the condition he would pay me back. Three months have gone by still haven't been paid back. I don't want my son to lose his spot in the daycare because his father doesn't pay consistently but I feel my hands are tied since it seems there is nothing I can do about it except pay for the daycare myself which I can't afford. Any feed back would be appreciated.

snodderly

Is there no way his name can be added to the contract you have with the daycare so that he can be billed directly? If he starts getting bills and having to deal with the situation he might become more concerned about it.

Maybe you could talk to the daycare director and request that your son have two accounts...one that is billed to you for your half, the other billed to him for his half. I've had Drs. offices do this for me. It's worth a try.

As for the CS thing...I get really nervous about CS not being paid through the clerk of the courts. At this point all you have is a promise on a piece of paper. He doesn't seemed to be all that concerned about what hardship his late payments cause you and that is disturbing. Someone with his attitude should have to pay through the courts. It's a safe guard for you. You, after all are the one having to meet the expenses by a certain date. He isn't the one having to deal with bills and making ends meet when he doesn't pay up. Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for him and his financial problems. You need to peace of mind that comes with knowing that check will be to you when it is supposed to and that the daycare will be paid.

haiku

contact the daycare and see if they will split the bill being as technically they must do something to that effect already if he is also paying them directly.

keep records of what he owes that you have paid for him, that he has not paid back. only you can decide when it will be enough to warant a return to court for contempt charges. you must weigh court costs and losing a days pay at work. really not worth it, unitl it starts adding up.

He is not behind in support if you get the full amount every month. So to me that is really splitting hairs.

Rufie

Myself, I go through Child Support Services to Collect Child Support. It is a big help.Then I did not have to harp on him to pay up.

I have orders on Child Daycare, Medical, Dental and so on . Has not paid for 3.5 years. Up to $4,000 total. The Child support Services cannot help on that issue.
Evertime I go to court and judge orders him to pay, he still doesn't. So, I hate to say this but you are lucky he atleast pays late. Just hearing those words must make you cringe!It's Unfair!!Be Strong!!

toysrusmom

mY EX HUSBAND AND i HAVE THE SAME SITUATION AS YOU SO AS FAR AS DAYCARE. HE HAS A PORTION TO PAY AND SO DO I. I TALKED TO THE DAYCARE AND THEY ADDED HIM TO THE ACCOUNT AT THE DAYCARE CENTER AFTER I SHOWED THEM THAT HE WAS RESPONSIBLE IN THE DIVORCE PAPERS. SO EVERY WEEK WHEN THEY ADD THE WEEKLY CHARGES ON TO THE ACCOUNT IT IS SPILT IN TWO PARTS HIS PART AND MINE. THAT WAY WHEN I PAY ON TIME IT SHOWS ME CREDITED AND FOR EVERY TIME THAT HE IS LATE IT ADDS THE LATE FEE ONTO HIS PART OF THE ACCOUNT RATHER THAN ME GETTING PENALIZED FOR IT..TRY AND ASK IT DOES HELP .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">