• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dead Beat Dad - Can He Do That?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sessna1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Mother has primary physical custody in Texas, lived their with 5 year old for the last four years.

Parents have joint custody of child. Father lives in California.

Father has paid child support by direct deposit since divorce. Angry father now refuses to send any money. Health insurance is in force.

I thought the law frowned on fathers shirking their legal duties.

I don't want my brother to be jailed.

I don't want my ex-sister-in-law to be ruined financially.

Given this is a split Texas/California case for a minor child, are there in common steps that happen to dead beat dads who stop paying child support?

Thank you,
sessna1

Isis1

Mother has primary physical custody in Texas, lived their with 5 year old for the last four years.

Father has paid child support by direct deposit since divorce. Angry father now refuses to send any money. Health insurance is in force.

Given this is a split Texas/California case for a minor child, are there in common steps that happen to dead beat dads who stop paying child support?

Thank you,
sessna1
what state is the orders out of?

Antigone*

Thank you,
sessna1
You aren't going to know much of the detail necessary to be able to help either party here. Generally, dead beats can go to jail, lose their license, lose their assets, the list goes on and on.

LdiJ

You aren't going to know much of the detail necessary to be able to help either party here. Generally, dead beats can go to jail, lose their license, lose their assets, the list goes on and on.
It also wouldn't hurt to have a serious discussion with your brother about the utter idiocy of not paying his court ordered support. Not only will it get him in serious trouble, but his children are the ones who will suffer.

sessna1

You Are the Best for Replying - Thank you.

• The order is out of California.

• It is for a little over $1,600 per month.

• I did try to reason with my insane brother, and I ran down how this hurts the child... I thought I put that in my post: mother crying and upset, selling house, moving, new school, new church... did I not?

Now I have to go back and read my post again.

sessna1

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
  • The order is out of California.

• It is for a little over $1,600 per month.

• I did try to reason with my insane brother, and I ran down how this hurts the child... I thought I put that in my post: mother crying and upset, selling house, moving, new school, new church... did I not?

Now I have to go back and read my post again.

sessna1
Mom needs to file a motion to show cause. Your brother needs to grow up and act like a man. And you, truthfully, need to extricate yourself from this madness.

sessna1

You are Right

You are right, ohiogal. Thank you for the un-sugarcoated truth. You are right on all counts. I mean that.

-sessna1

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">