• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dead beat Dad Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkdubeee

Dead Beat Dad laws make the Government look like they are doing something

I just want to say that my 19 year old daughter is owed over $35,000 in back child support and when I wrote to my congressman about why her father has never spent a day in jail I was told the economy is bad. Today when I talked to my support enforcement officer she reiterated Oregon really doesn't pursue that avenue. So while dead beat dad laws my be talked about they really don't exist. These dads still have girlfriends to hide all their assets. I have been a single mom for 22 years and have a daughter with her own business, a son who at 23 is an E6 in the military and my youngest is a sophomore at the University of Oregon. I've worked hard my whole life to make sure they get the education they need to survive in this tough economy. And it inferiorates me that the government claims to be assisting in a "dead beat dad" program that doesn't exist.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I just want to say that my 19 year old daughter is owed over $35,000 in back child support and when I wrote to my congressman about why her father has never spent a day in jail I was told the economy is bad. Today when I talked to my support enforcement officer she reiterated Oregon really doesn't pursue that avenue. So while dead beat dad laws my be talked about they really don't exist. These dads still have girlfriends to hide all their assets. I have been a single mom for 22 years and have a daughter with her own business, a son who at 23 is an E6 in the military and my youngest is a sophomore at the University of Oregon. I've worked hard my whole life to make sure they get the education they need to survive in this tough economy. And it inferiorates me that the government claims to be assisting in a "dead beat dad" program that doesn't exist.
I do hope you realize that you've posted to a thread that's 2 years old, and the OP is looonnnggg gone. :eek::rolleyes::cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">