• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deadbeat father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabeste

father in hiding

What is the name of your state? CO

l just relocated to the US from Africa two weeks ago, l have a one year old son whose father also lives in the US, but refuses to pay child support...or rather is in hiding. l know where he went to University (US) but do not know where he leaves now. He has not paid a dime since his son was born (he was born in Africa). The little boy living with my parents is scheduled to come to the US in two months time,......is it legal to sue for child support before the boy comes?

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? CO

l just relocated to the US from Africa two weeks ago, l have a one year old son whose father also lives in the US, but refuses to pay child support...or rather is in hiding. l know where he went to University (US) but do not know where he leaves now. He has not paid a dime since his son was born (he was born in Africa). The little boy living with my parents is scheduled to come to the US in two months time,......is it legal to sue for child support before the boy comes?
Well, you're right on top of things, aren'tcha? :rolleyes:
https://childsupport.state.co.us/do/home/index

You need to get a grip on terms: Dad is not a "deadbeat" unless he is not paying court ordered child support. He's not court ordered: he's not a deadbeat. Use the link I gave you to move forward.

mabeste

the early bird catches the worm, sorry l forgot to say that there was a court order for child support from africa..... l guess he is deadbeat;)

LdiJ

If it is anything like Ohio then residency does not have to be established to get a CS order.
And in this case, she would not be attempting to get a CS order, but to ask the courts to enforce the existing order from her home country. She could ask the US courts to do that even if she wasn't physically present in the US. It just makes it easier on her being physically present.

Silverplum

the early bird catches the worm, sorry l forgot to say that there was a court order for child support from africa..... l guess he is deadbeat;)
What. Ever. Don't blame me for your incomplete post.

And..."from africa," huh? Geez, ain't Africa a big ol' continent? Does the entire continent issue CS orders? :rolleyes:

Though you are too ill-bred to bother thanking me for providing a link to the exact department in the entire world that will help you support your child...you're welcome. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fairisfair

What. Ever. Don't blame me for your incomplete post.

And..."from africa," huh? Geez, ain't Africa a big ol' continent? Does the entire continent issue CS orders? :rolleyes:

Though you are too ill-bred to bother thanking me for providing a link to the exact department in the entire world that will help you support your child...you're welcome. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hey, if my order is from North America, does that mean that Canada owes me some cash???:p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">