• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deadbeat wanting out of childsupport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Missouri I am hoping to get some advice here,I was just served with papers for modification. The ncp hasn't paid for months and has his license revoked. He is taking me to court to get the child support changed retroactively back 1 yr ago to the modification hearing he did not attend or object to , also ,he wants out of paying child support for my son's spring sememster. My son is a full time college student.His claim is he didn't receive a transcript for the spring .I sent one certified at the end of Dec with his fall grades and spring scheldule.CSE says I will need an attorney for this but that I have done what I was required to do as far as official document. any insight to what I need to do or expect would be appreciated ( I also want to add he has not contacted cse at any time prior to his license being revoked to work out a plan or request a hearing.)
Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. This is so helpful to me, I will get an attorney. The court papers didn't mention college fees in the court orders but I have sent the college transcript as well as a letter from the college registrar providing proof.My son did enroll right after high-school graduation and hasn't missed a class since.

As for the license I thought it had been revoked instead of suspended,but, I may be confused about this. Such a saga

Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">