• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deducting money from CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mudkitty

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Ex-husband claims that I owe him money for when I moved. I don't believe I do, he voluntarily offered to pay for a Uhaul when i moved.

Now he has deducted money from my child support payment, can he legally deduct money from child support? I have never agreed for him to do so. I thought Child support is for the children. If he claims that I owe him money, should'nt he have to go through a differernt venue to collect that money? Can he just deduct it from the money that is for the kids?

Thanks

haiku

no, only a court order can change a support payment. even if you did come toa private agreement for payment, it still would have been smarter for him to do a separate transaction. So he had proof of full support payment were you ever to go to court.

Phnx02

mudkitty said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Ex-husband claims that I owe him money for when I moved. I don't believe I do, he voluntarily offered to pay for a Uhaul when i moved.

Now he has deducted money from my child support payment, can he legally deduct money from child support? I have never agreed for him to do so. I thought Child support is for the children. If he claims that I owe him money, should'nt he have to go through a differernt venue to collect that money? Can he just deduct it from the money that is for the kids?

Of course the can't do this. He is jerking you around.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">