• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deduction order!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kristenlw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida.

my childs father switched jobs. how do i transfer the deduction order when he will not tell me where he is working..what should i do????

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida.

my childs father switched jobs. how do i transfer the deduction order when he will not tell me where he is working..what should i do????
Is the state/local child support agency handling your case? If so, they should find out through the "new hires" reports. It may take a while, but it will catch up with him.

kristenlw

thanx! and do you know about how longit would take? my case is in florida and he lives in NC, i hope this doesnt affect things!

Silverplum

thanx! and do you know about how longit would take? my case is in florida and he lives in NC, i hope this doesnt affect things!
I don't mean to be flip, but it takes as long as it takes. Each case is different: no one can say with confidence, "It takes 20 days."

kristenlw

no worries my friend! im just an anxious single mother! i just found this news out so it still comes as a shock to me!

Radia

In NC they are required to report a new hire within 20 days, however no one can guess how long the processing by the state will take after they are notified, then the order is sent to the employer and they have a certain time to answer, and then processing and paydays affect that as well...

Give it a couple months to catch up then give the state a call and find out where they are in the process. (if you are using the state for your case)

Silverplum

no worries my friend! im just an anxious single mother! i just found this news out so it still comes as a shock to me!
Well, hon, you likely need to prepare yourself for a few weeks (maybe more?) of being a bit short on $$, till the CSE catches up with him. :(

If he's late, you'll get the $$ eventually: it becomes arrears, and he has to pay them. It may come in the form of a seized tax return or another way, but you will be paid the CS you are owed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">