• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Ins. issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kidsdogs4me

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

My children's step mom has them on her dental insurance. Both children have outstanding bills from their dentist. Their dentist is not on the provider list for the insurance company, so payment for the dental bills was paid to the step mom. She should have forwarded that payment to the dental office, but she kept it instead. I have been informed by the insurance company that a check was mailed and cashed, but my ex and the step mom both deny receiving a check. What can I do to recover the payment that was sent to her so that these dental bills can be paid in full. My children have medicaid and didn't need the dental insurance anyway, and now medicaid refuses to pay any portion of the bills until the insurance company pays first. I really need to get this situation taken care of, because as it stands, my children can not even visit the dentist with these bills.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">