• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dental payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

happy stepmom

What is the name of your state? massachusetts

My husband's ex has just finally brought his daughter to the dentist and just as we expected she needs a lot of work done. The court order says we have to pay for her insurance and if there is none then my husband and his ex have to split the cost. We do not have dental insurance and are fully prepared to pay half the bill but the problem is his ex wants the money in advance because she has to pay when the procedure is done at the office. She says the procedure is going to cost $600 but has no paperwork to prove it.We feel before giving her the money she has asked for we should be able to get the bill and give her a check for half the amount after she has shown proof. Is this okay or are we asking too much?

LdiJ

happy stepmom said:
What is the name of your state? massachusetts

My husband's ex has just finally brought his daughter to the dentist and just as we expected she needs a lot of work done. The court order says we have to pay for her insurance and if there is none then my husband and his ex have to split the cost. We do not have dental insurance and are fully prepared to pay half the bill but the problem is his ex wants the money in advance because she has to pay when the procedure is done at the office. She says the procedure is going to cost $600 but has no paperwork to prove it.We feel before giving her the money she has asked for we should be able to get the bill and give her a check for half the amount after she has shown proof. Is this okay or are we asking too much?
How about you pay for the proceedure up front and give her a bill for half afterwards?

Otherwise....contact the dentist and make arrangements to pay for your half when necessary if you don't trust mom.

haiku

read the link for ma. guidelines-scroll to uninsured routine medical.

mom is responsible for the first 100 dollars uninsured medical. So you may want to check your records and see if this applies to you(have you or mom had any uninsured costs incurred already this year?).

other than that I see no reason why you cannot call the dentist and have them bill you your half directly. (my husband does this all the time, as it is court ordered he do so)

http://www.mass.gov/courts/formsandguidelines/csg2002.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">