• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usmc1984

What is the name of your state? NV
I have joint custody with my x where I have primary custody. I just found out I am being sent overseas for an extended period of time. My daugher does not want to move in with her father she wants to stay with my husband and my family. Do I have any options? My x has also stated that visitation are only to be given to my sister and my mom not my husband and step daughter.

BelizeBreeze

usmc1984 said:
I have joint custody with my x where I have primary custody. I just found out I am being sent overseas for an extended period of time. My daugher does not want to move in with her father she wants to stay with my husband and my family. Do I have any options? My x has also stated that visitation are only to be given to my sister and my mom not my husband and step daughter.
You have no options.

Also, unless your custody order specifically stipulates extended family, your ex is wrong.

ceara19

BelizeBreeze said:
You have no options.

Also, unless your custody order specifically stipulates extended family, your ex is wrong.
I think what she meant was that while mom was gone, he would allow the OP's mom and sister to have visitation, but he would not give them to the SD & his daughter, even though he would not be obligated to give ANYONE visitation.

BelizeBreeze

ceara19 said:
I think what she meant was that while mom was gone, he would allow the OP's mom and sister to have visitation, but he would not give them to the SD & his daughter, even though he would not be obligated to give ANYONE visitation.
I understand that. however, she said "My x has also stated that visitation are only to be given to my sister and my mom", an absolute with is incorrect.

Visitation MAY be given to anyone. But it is not "TO BE" given.

usmc1984 said:
Call your ex IMMEDIATELY and notify him that you are being deployed. If he WANTS to allow your daughter to stay with your husband, so be it. If he doesn't, YOU will have to deal with it.

My ex was deployed, didn't tell me about it, and left my daughter with her step-mom. He was the primary custodian. Notice the word WAS.

The judge was VERY unhappy that my ex tried to replace me with his wife. Irreparable harm is the term that was used. If you want to have a snowball's chance in he** of keeping custody of your daughter, do it the right way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">