• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefly73

What is the name of your state? FL

what can i do about a third party involvement that wants more money?
my story in a nutshell, I have been married for about 12 years now w/ my husband & have 2 kids of our own, about three years ago he did something she shouldn't have done. Nine months later bam a baby is born and he is taking responsiblities. He has not gone through the court system yet but thinking about it. He agreed with the third party that he was going to pay for 2 weeks of daycare $180, $400 for child and he has him in insurance since day one.
Here's what i want to know, now the third party is demanding he pay full daycare expenses plus the $400 and the insurance he already pays. I guess since the third party know she's not going throught the system she could demand anything she wants.
What are my right as a wife? I don't want this person taking my money. what can i do, i'm desperate for some answers?:confused:What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

BelizeBreeze

firefly73 said:

what can i do about a third party involvement that wants more money?
my story in a nutshell, I have been married for about 12 years now w/ my husband & have 2 kids of our own, about three years ago he did something she shouldn't have done. Nine months later bam a baby is born and he is taking responsiblities. He has not gone through the court system yet but thinking about it. He agreed with the third party that he was going to pay for 2 weeks of daycare $180, $400 for child and he has him in insurance since day one.
Here's what i want to know, now the third party is demanding he pay full daycare expenses plus the $400 and the insurance he already pays. I guess since the third party know she's not going throught the system she could demand anything she wants.
What are my right as a wife? I don't want this person taking my money. what can i do, i'm desperate for some answers?:confused:What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Tell hubby to file a custody/visitation motion and demand the court order DNA.

Then, if the child really is his, he can negotiate the extras and she loses the control she now has.

rmet4nzkx

firefly73 said:
when he goes through the court, the court automaticaly gives him a DNA test? or he has to request it?
Did he sign an acknowledgement of paternity when the baby was born? If not that should be covered in his petition for custody and visitation. Also you can search for a child support calculator to see how much he should be paying.

ceara19

firefly73 said:

Divorce the lying, cheating husband and make sure you get a LEGAL child support order FIRST. If you want to stay with him, tell him to STOP sending any money until the child is proven to be his and thank your lucky stars that a child was the worst thing to come out of his little tryst (that's assuming you have been tested for other things he may have brought home).

ceara19

CalifAttyIAAL said:
My response:

I love this statement - -

Also, I think our writer means, "He sploooged another woman."

Still having sex with him?

IAAL
I'm wondering what she means by "third party". If her hubby and this other woman have a child together, wouldn't that make the OP the third party?

CalifAttyIAAL

ceara19 said:
I'm wondering what she means by "third party". If her hubby and this other woman have a child together, wouldn't that make the OP the third party?

My response:

No, she's undoubtedly talking about the baby. Our writer's husband would be the third party, and the other woman, the second party, and our writer - - I don't know where the hell she fits into all of this! She wasn't the one splooooged!!

IAAL

ceara19

CalifAttyIAAL said:
My response:

No, she's undoubtedly talking about the baby. Our writer's husband would be the third party, and the other woman, the second party, and our writer - - I don't know where the hell she fits into all of this! She wasn't the one splooooged!!

IAAL
They have 2 kids together, so at some point she was on the receiving end. I like the way she's fine with hubby spreading his seed all over the countryside, but when a kid pops up as a result, it's suddenly HER money she's concerned with. She should really be more concerned her health then her money.

CalifAttyIAAL

ceara19 said:
They have 2 kids together, so at some point she was on the receiving end. I like the way she's fine with hubby spreading his seed all over the countryside, but when a kid pops up as a result, it's suddenly HER money she's concerned with. She should really be more concerned her health then her money.
My response:

Well, now you're just thinking like an emotional woman. That's just what a woman would say. Stop it. Our writer is thinking properly, and that's because she has an overload of Testosterone in her system. She's having "manly" thoughts!

IAAL

ceara19

CalifAttyIAAL said:
My response:

Well, now you're just thinking like an emotional woman. That's just what a woman would say. Stop it. Our writer is thinking properly, and that's because she has an overload of Testosterone in her system. She's having "manly" thoughts!

IAAL
It's not an emotional statement, just an honest one. She won't be able to protect anything if she dies from something the husband brings home.

firefly73

I would read the story again so you could realize who the third party is.
1) first party ( the husband)
2) 2nd party (wife)
3) third party ( the affair)

Yes, i'm the wife and i do believe in this whole process i'm going to get screwed. I have been married for about 12 years now & do have 2 kids of my own with my husband and i don't think my kids should be sloppy seconds to a person that is trying to get our money that we work hard for. yes i admit he screwed up but that doesn't mean that my children & i should pay the consequenses of the affair.
I have gotten myself tested and everything is ok. :)

AHA

firefly73 said:
2) 2nd party (wife)

Yes, i'm the wife and i do believe in this whole process i'm going to get screwed. I have been married for about 12 years now & do have 2 kids of my own with my husband and i don't think my kids should be sloppy seconds to a person that is trying to get our money that we work hard for. yes i admit he screwed up but that doesn't mean that my children & i should pay the consequenses of the affair.
Then divorce him and file for cs for YOUR kids before she beats you to it and your kids will get less. Being raised by a disrespectful, cheating "man" is not in the best interest of the kids.

NotSoNew

firefly73 said:
2) 2nd party (wife)

well honey if the child is your hubands she IS going to get your money, and your children WILL always be affected by the consequences of his affair. Run a child support calculator for your state, see what he will have to pay, if its less then what she wants then let her take him to court. Did he sign the AOP at the childs birth? If not then he has to request a DNA test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">