• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperately seeking Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tg1977

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Reside in Tennessee/ Child in Mississippi

My husband and I need to find the steps to petition the court to have his parental rights terminated for his son. There are some very serious issues that happened very sensitive information and personal. Not sure I want to post them on here. His mother knew of these issues and sent him to our home without telling us about them and he did some unspeakable things while he was in our home. We are still obligated to pay child support and insurance but I believe any reasonable judge who hears what has happened will order it stopped. We need HELP ASAP. A criminal case is also taking place.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Reside in Tennessee/ Child in Mississippi

My husband and I need to find the steps to petition the court to have his parental rights terminated for his son. There are some very serious issues that happened very sensitive information and personal. Not sure I want to post them on here. His mother knew of these issues and sent him to our home without telling us about them and he did some unspeakable things while he was in our home. We are still obligated to pay child support and insurance but I believe any reasonable judge who hears what has happened will order it stopped. We need HELP ASAP. A criminal case is also taking place.
If your husband doesn't want to see his son any more, he doesn't have to. It doesn't require a court order, nor does it require termination of parental rights. He does have to pay support and insurance, as you noted.

Anything other than that, we need to speak with DAD. And frankly, Dad NEEDS an attorney, if things are as unspeakable as you state.

Proserpina

The court will not allow your husband to walk away from his financial obligation that easily.

So, unless Mom has remarried and her husband wishes to adopt the child, your husband is not going to voluntarily terminate his parental rights and obligations.

tg1977

We are on here together. :) Trust me, this is not a "wicked stepmother" issue. This is a TRUE criminaol matter. Paying child support at this point, for the both of us, is like a slap and spit in the face and peeing on our leg...aall at once.

Proserpina

We are on here together. :) Trust me, this is not a "wicked stepmother" issue. This is a TRUE criminaol matter. Paying child support at this point, for the both of us, is like a slap and spit in the face and peeing on our leg...aall at once.

It doesn't matter.

Your husband cannot do what he wants to do.

Period.

Nice to see that he considers supporting his own child such a horrid burden.

Silverplum

As a stepmother, I deeply LOATHE that stupid phrase. :rolleyes:

If it's a TRUE criminal matter, then call the COPS.

And paying child support is not YOUR business, stepmom. It's DAD'S business. It's not a matter of ~feelings,~ it's a court ORDER.

And if he's too much of a baby to handle his own legal problems, I'm not interested in HIM, either. :rolleyes:

Proserpina

As a stepmother, I deeply LOATHE that stupid phrase. :rolleyes:

If it's a TRUE criminal matter, then call the COPS.

And paying child support is not YOUR business, stepmom. It's DAD'S business. It's not a matter of ~feelings,~ it's a court ORDER.

And if he's too much of a baby to handle his own legal problems, I'm not interested in HIM, either. :rolleyes:

Oh, I don't know.

I can be quite the wicked stepmother at times. Ask the girlies. :D

tg1977

Please respond ONLY if you have an open mind and are truly knowledgeable. Don't make assumptions....you have no clue what me and my family are going through! Money is not the issue.

Proserpina

Please respond ONLY if you have an open mind and are truly knowledgeable. Don't make assumptions....you have no clue what me and my family are going through! Money is not the issue.

You posted in child support and specifically mentioned that you "believe" a Judge should allow Dad to stop paying child support.

It's obviously about money.

But that aside, have you not read anything I've posted? :confused:

Dad CANNOT simply terminate his parental rights like this.

He is Dad. And will remain Dad - with all of the rights and obligations involved - unless Mom remarries and her husband wishes to adopt.

It's really that simple.

tg1977

Ok...my bad, Obviously this ISN'T the site to get good, rational advice. The police are involved, on the CRIMINAL matters....they don't get involved in the family law side. From my research, Judges will allow a person to terminate their parental rights under extreme circumstances, which this would definitely apply for a reasonable person. My husband and I stepped up and tried to HELP this child because we felt he was going down the wrong path. I'll look elsewhere for some rational, reasonable advice. Thanks anyway!

Proserpina

Ok...my bad, Obviously this ISN'T the site to get good, rational advice. The police are involved, on the CRIMINAL matters....they don't get involved in the family law side. From my research, Judges will allow a person to terminate their parental rights under extreme circumstances, which this would definitely apply for a reasonable person. My husband and I stepped up and tried to HELP this child because we felt he was going down the wrong path. I'll look elsewhere for some rational, reasonable advice. Thanks anyway!

Not happening.

:cool:

Silverplum

I AM "truly knowledgeable." So is Proserpina. So are a lot of us.

Now that we all know what YOU are about, WE are unimpressed.

tg1977

Thankfully...your opinions or predictions aren't law. How can you attempt to make an assumption without all of the facts surrounding a case? Are you an attorney? :confused:....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">