+ Reply to Thread
    jpertle is offline Junior Member

Deviation for health insurance?

I am filing a motion to change and on the form it asks if this includes a deviation for health insurance? What does this mean? I do want her to contribute to the cost.
    Last edited by jpertle; 05-23-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    CSO286 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpertle View Post
    I am filing a motion to change and on the form it asks if this includes a deviation for health insurance? What does this mean? I do want her to contribute to the cost.
    US Law only.

ETA: Of course, then I see OP's location of WI. so I'll assume we're talking WI here????
    It would be my guess (without seeing the form) that it is asking if you are deviating (up or down) from guidelines because one or the other of you is already covering the cost of health insurance for the child(ren).
    Last edited by CSO286; 05-23-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    jpertle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CSO286 View Post
    It would be my guess (without seeing the form) that it is asking you are deviating (up or down) from guidelines because one or the other of you is already covering the cost of healht insurance for the child(ren).
    Yes. I am paying the premiums now and she is not contributing any towards it. It asks the following (I request that this new amount: Not include a deviation for health insurance or any other reason or include a deviation of $______ ___ upward ___ downward as a cash contribution for health insurance. How should I answer this?
    Yes. I am paying the premiums now and she is not contributing any towards it. It asks the following (I request that this new amount: Not include a deviation for health insurance or any other reason or include a deviation of $______ ___ upward ___ downward as a cash contribution for health insurance. How should I answer this?
    We,ll if you'd like the other parent to contribute to the cost of health care, then you'd probably request and upward deviation.