• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dhfs not responding no idea what to do in arrears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brentc9

I live in New jersey, case is out of Kentucky. Originally there was a no support order in place after our divorce. Following that time my ex needed to take my daughter fit a school physical, didn't wait for my insurance card to arrive and signed up for state medical assistance which generated a support order and arrears to start. I wrote the court and dhfs Kentucky asking for case numbers and case worker information, no response. Ex wife leads me to believe court ruled they weren't going to enforce it and that we were capable of working out our details. My credit was shot from the marriage and I had student loans which she stated that it was okay that I get everything sorted out, pay the debts from our marriage, pay off loans because I couldn't purchase a vehicle to get to work and finally a house so I can establish myself. Now in hot water. A levy placed on my account and dhfs has been ignoring my calls and messages, a notice in regards to the arrears was delivered to an old address. Again they weren't responding so they never took down my address change, I've sent emails through their website, called called called and called again, left messages that were said to be forwarded yet unanswered, even written the governor of Kentucky. I've now been trying to contact someone daily due to the notice arriving late with a few days remaining for a response when I received it. Stating I wanted to negotiate a sufficient amount to pay to retain my assets and still no response. I've left my name number ssn new address email, what section of the sky I'll be viewing for smoke signals, it's at this point I'm feeling ignored as it's been a month of daily attempts and 0 response to my questions. I received one call from someone in enforcement who told me I can't be helped unless I mail in my response which had already been completed. I've stated in every message I need to make arrangements, that no one ever explained my rights in all of this, there's no real information on topics like this. I don't know what else I can do especially since its been so long. Bottom line is they're at this point ignoring me. What can I do in this instance? I can't use my bank account, it was negotiated between my ex and I that when I got stable she would get a chunk of my retirement money from my annuity to cover the arrears. Dhfs bypassed our agreement.

Silverplum

I live in New jersey, case is out of Kentucky. Originally there was a no support order in place after our divorce. Following that time my ex needed to take my daughter fit a school physical, didn't wait for my insurance card to arrive and signed up for state medical assistance which generated a support order and arrears to start. I wrote the court and dhfs Kentucky asking for case numbers and case worker information, no response. Ex wife leads me to believe court ruled they weren't going to enforce it and that we were capable of working out our details. My credit was shot from the marriage and I had student loans which she stated that it was okay that I get everything sorted out, pay the debts from our marriage, pay off loans because I couldn't purchase a vehicle to get to work and finally a house so I can establish myself. Now in hot water. A levy placed on my account and dhfs has been ignoring my calls and messages, a notice in regards to the arrears was delivered to an old address. Again they weren't responding so they never took down my address change, I've sent emails through their website, called called called and called again, left messages that were said to be forwarded yet unanswered, even written the governor of Kentucky. I've now been trying to contact someone daily due to the notice arriving late with a few days remaining for a response when I received it. Stating I wanted to negotiate a sufficient amount to pay to retain my assets and still no response. I've left my name number ssn new address email, what section of the sky I'll be viewing for smoke signals, it's at this point I'm feeling ignored as it's been a month of daily attempts and 0 response to my questions. I received one call from someone in enforcement who told me I can't be helped unless I mail in my response which had already been completed. I've stated in every message I need to make arrangements, that no one ever explained my rights in all of this, there's no real information on topics like this. I don't know what else I can do especially since its been so long. Bottom line is they're at this point ignoring me. What can I do in this instance? I can't use my bank account, it was negotiated between my ex and I that when I got stable she would get a chunk of my retirement money from my annuity to cover the arrears. Dhfs bypassed our agreement.
You aren't properly addressing the Court, which leads to being ignored. The government doesn't respond to legal matters via phone or email: you have to file motions and/or make written requests via regular mail.

There IS a ton of information available, you have to find it. Your rights are yours to protect.

Start here: https://csws.chfs.ky.gov/csws/General/Faq.aspx

And here: http://kyjustice.org/node/606

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">