• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DHS help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyW

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OK

I was never married but have a 12yr old son. Mother originally filed for support with DHS. We know would like to remove the hassle of DHS and have their judgements overturned. They have been nothing but trouble for both of us. We would like to go through a mediator. What is the best way, if possible to accomplish this?

mistoffolees

Why do you think you shouldn't have to pay support?

The easiest thing is to simply agree to pay the court - ordered support (if any) or to whatever the state guidelines say you should be paying.

You're not likely to get a mediator for support issues. It's a simple calculation:
OKDHS - Child Support Calculator

JimmyW

I'm not arguing about paying the c/s. I am actually paying more than required to make sure that my sons school tuition is paid. It has to do with malevolent treatment to both parties by the OKDHS. They are constantly seeking new judgements against me that are unwarranted as my c/s has been paid since day 1. They also do this without notify his mother. We just want to remove DHS from it all. They have also been taking my taxes but not giving me the credit towards back c/s. The only reason there is back c/s is because she waited 4 years to ask for c/s. We were not on speaking terms at the time. They also don't properly calculate my c/s as I am an independent contractor, they consistantly refuse to acknowledge the fact that I make 30% less than what is shown do to me having to pay my own taxes. His mother wants to dismiss all back owed and remove DHS from all current and future proceedings. Again it is not me trying to get out of paying, We just want to handle it ourselves and not thru DHS.

Last edited:

Just Blue

I'm not arguing about paying the c/s. I am actually paying more than required to make sure that my sons school tuition is paid. It has to do with malevolent treatment to both parties by the OKDHS. They are constantly seeking new judgements against me that are unwarranted as my c/s has been paid since day 1. They also do this without notify his mother. We just want to remove DHS from it all. They have also been taking my taxes but not giving me the credit towards back c/s. The only reason there is back c/s is because she waited 4 years to ask for c/s. We were not on speaking terms at the time. They also don't properly calculate my c/s as I am an independent contractor, they consistantly refuse to acknowledge the fact that I make 30% less than what is shown do to me having to pay my own taxes. His mother wants to dismiss all back owed and remove DHS from all current and future proceedings. Again it is not me trying to get out of paying, We just want to handle it ourselves and not thru DHS.
Has Mom EVER had state assistance?

mistoffolees

Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time on someone who:

1. Insists that their support has been paid since Day 1, yet admits to 4 years of arrears

2. Thinks that 1099 income doesn't count in CS calculations

3. Thinks that he should get credit for taxes paid in CS arrears

and

4. Apparently thinks that only 1099 recipients pay taxes.

Hire an attorney.

JimmyW

She insurance for 2yrs through the state while she was in school. Other than that no except for the title 19 we filed when he was born

After speaking with his mom, I found out that she has never had assistance. Sorry

Last edited:

JimmyW

Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time on someone who:

1. Insists that their support has been paid since Day 1, yet admits to 4 years of arrears

2. Thinks that 1099 income doesn't count in CS calculations

3. Thinks that he should get credit for taxes paid in CS arrears

and

4. Apparently thinks that only 1099 recipients pay taxes.

Hire an attorney.
You don't have to be so hateful. That is not at all what I'm saying at all. Quit trying to twist it. You are as bad as DHS. I know the income counts. I'm not a moron. It's supposed to be figured on the calculator in a different location so that it will adjust for the taxes not taken from my income. And if tax returns were redirected to DHS for payment of back c/s then I should see credit for them. As a matter of fact I have paid since day 1 but since it was directly to the mother and not through DHS ( she had not filed yet) they refuse to acknowledge it. I also supported mother and son for 2 of those years( they actually lived with me) but they don't seem to care about that either. You obviously missed the point.
IT'S NOT ABOUT OWING!!!!!! WE JUST WANT OKDHS OUT OF THE PICTURE.

Last edited:

Isis1

Unless mom is on state aid, mom may be able to close the case herself. But, methinks, she doesn't want to.

JimmyW

Unless mom is on state aid, mom may be able to close the case herself. But, methinks, she doesn't want to.
Thanks that is one thing we didn't think of. We'll contact DHS and see if that is possible since she isn't receiving any and has never received any state aid. She actually doesn't want to deal with them any longer either. How would this affect the judgements already in place?

mistoffolees

You don't have to be so hateful. That is not at all what I'm saying at all. Quit trying to twist it. You are as bad as DHS. I know the income counts. I'm not a moron. It's supposed to be figured on the calculator in a different location so that it will adjust for the taxes not taken from my income. And if tax returns were redirected to DHS for payment of back c/s then I should see credit for them. As a matter of fact I have paid since day 1 but since it was directly to the mother and not through DHS ( she had not filed yet) they refuse to acknowledge it. I also supported mother and son for 2 of those years( they actually lived with me) but they don't seem to care about that either. You obviously missed the point.
IT'S NOT ABOUT OWING!!!!!! WE JUST WANT OKDHS OUT OF THE PICTURE.
No, the point is that you don't want to play by the rules - either with DHS or here.

Grow up.

JimmyW

Thanks you guys for some helpful info. We are now able to get this resolved. The DHS case will be closed this week and we will be sitting down with a mediary team to finalize our c/s personally w/o the corruption of local DHS.

mistoffolees- I don't know what made you so bitter, but I hope that you realize not everyone is out to hurt people. I love my son and want the best for him. That does not mean that we have to use DHS to make that happen. I hope something happens to make your life a happier one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">