• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did not receive summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

closure11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I received a letter in the mail that my child support was increased since I missed my court date. I never was given a summons to appear, I had no idea. Is there anything that I can do besides consult a lawyer? From what I was told the mother was suppose to serve me and give proof to the court. So either she lied to the court or signed my name on something. What are my options on this? Thanks!

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I received a letter in the mail that my child support was increased since I missed my court date. I never was given a summons to appear, I had no idea. Is there anything that I can do besides consult a lawyer? From what I was told the mother was suppose to serve me and give proof to the court. So either she lied to the court or signed my name on something. What are my options on this? Thanks!
I saw your post before you edited the pronouns, Stepmom. :cool:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I saw your post before you edited the pronouns, Stepmom. :cool:
As did I. What a fricking liar. Hey stepmom why are you lying to us? Guess what? Your husband can drown in what he has because you have proven yourself someone of low character who is not to be trusted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">