• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Different Laws for women and men ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcgmd1

So my fiance was just ordered to pay $75 /wk to his ex for their 11 yr old daughter. Normally one would pay and go on with their lives. Only he never received any support from her when he had custody of his daughter for 7 years. Everything is through interstate NH & MASS . So she owes him $16,000 not even including the penalties & Interest !! The court that ordered him to pay $75/wk and for her to pay $50 /wk !! She's on welfare and also has a 4 yr old son. Mind you she also has a 17 yr old daughter she never payed for either .. She owes about $50,000 to the state of MA for that kid. Now, she has no liscense b/c of DUI'S. So they cant take that away. She was ordered to pay my fiance for the past 7 years. Interstate never could find her b/c she never worked on the books and always moved around alot. She never went to jail for non payment of support. So my question is ...How do we fight it !! I mean he's willing to pay her $50 /month just like she was ordered to pay and he told the judge just that. He doesn't mind paying but its ok for her NOT to pay !! I mean come on... The same court ordered him to pay that she was in contempt for non payment !!! Please help !! Do we appeal ?

Proserpina

So my fiance was just ordered to pay $75 /wk to his ex for their 11 yr old daughter. Normally one would pay and go on with their lives. Only he never received any support from her when he had custody of his daughter for 7 years. Everything is through interstate NH & MASS . So she owes him $16,000 not even including the penalties & Interest !! The court that ordered him to pay $75/wk and for her to pay $50 /wk !! She's on welfare and also has a 4 yr old son. Mind you she also has a 17 yr old daughter she never payed for either .. She owes about $50,000 to the state of MA for that kid. Now, she has no liscense b/c of DUI'S. So they cant take that away. She was ordered to pay my fiance for the past 7 years. Interstate never could find her b/c she never worked on the books and always moved around alot. She never went to jail for non payment of support. So my question is ...How do we fight it !! I mean he's willing to pay her $50 /month just like she was ordered to pay and he told the judge just that. He doesn't mind paying but its ok for her NOT to pay !! I mean come on... The same court ordered him to pay that she was in contempt for non payment !!! Please help !! Do we appeal ?

Why don't you have him come here himself? That would be best. :cool:

Just Blue

Please have the PARENT sign up under HIS OWN user name to deal with HIS own legal issue. Thanks!:)

Blue

LdiJ

Your boyfriend needs to be here but I am going to give you a little legal education.

Child support calculations are based on income or ability to earn. Your fiance was ordered to pay more child support to her, than she was ordered to pay to him, because your fiance makes more money than she does. That is simply how it works.

Normally your fiance could have argued to the court that any child support he owes her should be deducted from what she owes him before he has to start paying anything. However, since mom is on welfare and the state is going to be providing some of the child's support, the state is going to want reimbursement for that support and probably won't let that happen.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Different income levels, different CS amounts. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">