• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disabled, ex receives child's share of my SSDI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

craftydiner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I'm disabled and my ex receives my son's portion of the disability income. My SSDI is not very much. Do I have to pay child support on top of what my ex receives from SSDI?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You will have to go back to court and have the CS order changed to reflect the dependent benefits as being CS.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I'm disabled and my ex receives my son's portion of the disability income. My SSDI is not very much. Do I have to pay child support on top of what my ex receives from SSDI?
Do you have an existing court order for CS that does not credit the child's benefits to the ordered amount?
If you do, you'll need to file for a modification.

If you do not have an existing order but will soon, when you go to court, make sure that your child's benefits are credited to the guideline amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">