• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dispute questionable earnings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hcaudell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

In ohio is there a procedural due process that allows me to dispute what my ex put down as earnings especially if I believe she is not being entirely sincere about. She makes a commision on sales, is that suppose to be accounted for in her earnings.

Proserpina

In ohio is there a procedural due process that allows me to dispute what my ex put down as earnings especially if I believe she is not being entirely sincere about. She makes a commision on sales, is that suppose to be accounted for in her earnings.

What proof do you have?

Did you dispute this at the hearing?

mistoffolees

It's called 'discovery'. You should have asked for documentation of her earnings (pay stubs, tax return, etc) ahead of time. If you haven't had your hearing yet, you can subpoena those documents.

If it's too late to subpoena those documents, you can ask for them at trial. When she states a number, you ask for evidence.

If the trial has already been completed, there's probably little you can do today. You are unlikely to get an appeal granted because you forgot to do your homework. However, child support is usually modifiable if circumstances change or after a certain number of years pass (depends on the state). You could ask for the information then.

hcaudell

She may be modifying it in the next few months and by family members i know that she has commision earnings above and beyond her hourly pay.

hcaudell

ok thats true. Is me questioning it enough to substantiate a review of her earnings or will the supeona be required as mentioned above. although that may be tough considering lawyers are not involved in support modifications. Can supeona's be requested by anyone other than lawyers?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">