• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorced..child support on file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moyalyd

What is the name of your state? New York

Hello , I am in a bit of a deilemma . I have been divorced since 98. My ex was in the military and his wages were being garnished. I was receiving monthly payments in my account. As of August of last year the payments stopped and I was told he was discharged from the military. I have not heard from him since. Here's my question, do I have to file for child support separately if the terms were included in my divorce settlement. My divorce papers state that he would be providing payments every month and the sum was included. Does anyone have any advice what my next step should be?

thanks
Lee

seniorjudge

moyalyd said:
What is the name of your state? New York

Hello , I am in a bit of a deilemma . I have been divorced since 98. My ex was in the military and his wages were being garnished. I was receiving monthly payments in my account. As of August of last year the payments stopped and I was told he was discharged from the military. I have not heard from him since. Here's my question, do I have to file for child support separately if the terms were included in my divorce settlement. My divorce papers state that he would be providing payments every month and the sum was included. Does anyone have any advice what my next step should be?

thanks
Lee
Talk to these folks:

https://newyorkchildsupport.com/home.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">