• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I deserve it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffienotfat

What is the name of your state? PA

I just recently recieved an increase in Child Support from my husband. We are seperated and he forgot he still has to take care of his daughter. I am currently unemployed and actively seeking employment. I am taking care of our daughter solely on my savings and her child support payments which are under 80$ a week. I am currently pregnant with a child by my husband and the savings is getting low! Can I take him back for another increase since I am not working? He says he can't afford this court order but it would cost more if he was taking care of her wouldn't it. Needing some money in Philly****************************.....

Neal1421

So, you don't want the child to spend time with the father but you want more money from him? That doesn't look too good on your part.

Did you get laid off your job or did you quit?

You aren't just going to get an increase because you are unemployed, you are still expected to provide support for your child even if you are unemployed. How would you like it if he was unemployed and asked that the payments be lowered?

tylersmom

Neal has a good point. You are going to come off as being unreasonable and greedy.

I'm still curious if the custody issue coincided with the CS increase.

Fluffienotfat said:

I just recently recieved an increase in Child Support from my husband. We are seperated and he forgot he still has to take care of his daughter. I am currently unemployed and actively seeking employment. I am taking care of our daughter solely on my savings and her child support payments which are under 80$ a week. I am currently pregnant with a child by my husband and the savings is getting low! Can I take him back for another increase since I am not working? He says he can't afford this court order but it would cost more if he was taking care of her wouldn't it. Needing some money in Philly****************************.....
None of my business but does your current husband contribute to your househould? Why should you be able to run back to court to try and get more money from the NCP just because you're not working? Like Neal said, what if your ex wasn't working would you want his amount to get lowered? No, you'd want him to pay the same amount to support the kid (which is what you should be doing).

Plus, if you're "actively seeking employment" then this shouldn't be an issue cause you'll be working soon right?

So, you're pregnant w/ another of his children? Did I read that right? Did he cheat on you? Is that why you're being bitter? He is not supposed to support you... only the child/children. If you're not working, why not? Most people are able to work throughout pregnancy. Even I worked up until the day before I went into labor & I was on forced medical leave (by employer & doctor) several times during pregnancy.

You're "supporting child solely on your savings & CS"... if your not working was involuntary, wouldn't you be receiving unemployment or something? If not working is due to pregnancy & is only temporary, have you inquired about programs that are available for just such purposes?

$80/week? What does he do for a living? Fastfood at minimum wage?

Neal1421

Claire's mom said:

Apparently he has 3 other kids he has to pay for, he's a baby making machine.

Originally Posted by Fluffienotfat
I know that I needed an increase from my husband and I was awarded it. Yes he has a current court order for 3 other children. If you husband doesn't make more money that may be a plus but it also depends can the child's mother prove that the child needs have increased and they usually factor in the mother's income as well. I have been in this same exact situation myself and the mother did get an increase but it wasn't what she was expecting because she made more than the father did as far as the income but he was responsible for making sure that the children has medical benefits on top of the support order.

TiBooPo

Clairesmom!

So, you're pregnant w/ another of his children? Did I read that right? Did he cheat on you? Is that why you're being bitter? He is not supposed to support you... only the child/children. If you're not working, why not? Most people are able to work throughout pregnancy. Even I worked up until the day before I went into labor & I was on forced medical leave (by employer & doctor) several times during pregnancy.

You're "supporting child solely on your savings & CS"... if your not working was involuntary, wouldn't you be receiving unemployment or something? If not working is due to pregnancy & is only temporary, have you inquired about programs that are available for just such purposes?

You need to worry abou taking care of all your illegitimate children!

N

nicetryadmin

Fluffienotfat said:

Interesting how this piece of trailer trash didn't come back to respond.

Oh...did I say a "bad" word, while it's ok for others to give improper and illegal advice?? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">