• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to pay child support if?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcotlong

What is the name of your state? Louisiana.

I was a victim of statutory rape when I was about 14 years old. The father was 21 years old and we were of course not married. I took care of the child without support from the paternal father for about 11 years. I now want to sign over my maternal rights to the biological father. Do I have to pay child support to the father?

MtnMoon

kcotlong said:

I was a victim of statutory rape when I was about 14 years old. The father was 21 years old and we were of course not married. I took care of the child without support from the paternal father for about 11 years. I now want to sign over my maternal rights to the biological father. Do I have to pay child support to the father?
What's wrong with this picture? You want to give your child over to the man that raped you when you were 14 yrs old???? And your concern is whether or not you will have to pay child support??????

This is so absurd...I can't even come up with a response other than...this is so absurd... I reeeeeeeeeeeeally feel awful for that child...

Gracie3787

kcotlong said:

I'm in a very good mood today, so I will give you a reply concerning only the legal aspect (not the moral aspect).

IF the Father petitions the court for child support- YES you will have to pay child support for YOUR child. The only way that the fact that the Father didn't pay support will matter is IF he was COURT ORDERED to pay CS and DIDN"T. If he was never court ordered, it was a CHOICE that you made. And as the custodial parent, he will also have the choice on whether to collect support or not.

genivieve

MtnMoon said:
What's wrong with this picture? You want to give your child over to the man that raped you when you were 14 yrs old???? And your concern is whether or not you will have to pay child support??????

This is so absurd...I can't even come up with a response other than...this is so absurd... I reeeeeeeeeeeeally feel awful for that child...

You should take the plank out of your own eye before judging the speck in someone elses....

djohnson

MTNMOON don't kid your self, there is a difference between rape and statuatory rape. A many 14, 15, or 16 years olds no what they are doing and have done it a many time then claim statuatory (or the parents do ) when it doesn't work out right. I think if it was a case of force, she would have said rape. She is only using the statuatory now because she thinks it may help her case.

S

seniorjudge

Q: Do I have to pay child support to the father?

A: Yes. This is simple. You have a child, the child needs support, therefore, you pay child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">