• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I Have To Pay If I Am Disabled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I NEED ADVICE

I Am A 22 Father From Kentucky. I Recieve Ssi Disability And Court Order To Pay Support. Fine Not A Proble Execpt The Job I Had I Was Making Better Money And That Is What They Based The Amount Of Child Support On. Now I Can Bearly Hold Down A Job. Is Ther A Way To Base The Amount Of Child Support On My Ssi. I Am Behind Due To The Loss Of My Job. I Do Love My Son Very Much And Take Care Of The Best That Can. They Have Been Taking My Income Taxes Each Year And I Don't Want To Get Caught Up In Alot Of Trouble With The Courts I Guess You Can Say I'm A Little Scared.

BL

If you receive SSI disability payments, go to court and file a modification Petition. This should reduce or 0 out future payments.

It will not erase back support ( arrears owed. ) . Your tax refunds will continue to be intercepted , until arrears are paid off.

Are you under a back to work program on SSI ?

Last edited:

Phnx02

Blonde Lebinese said:
If you receive SSI disability payments, go to court and file a modification Petition. This should reduce or 0 out future payments.

Wrong......The receipt of SSI disability will not reduce your CS obiligation to nothing. CS will decrease accordingly.

katelynn12

NO YOU ARE WRONG, IF YOU ARE RECEIVING SSI DISABILITY YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY CHILDSUPPORT. SSI DISABILITY IS WELFARE AND MEANS YOU ARE POOR AND IF YOU CAN'T WORK AND SSI IS THE ONLY INCOME YOU ARE GETTING THEY CANNOT I REPEAT CANNOT TAKE IT FOR CHILDSUPPORT. :p

Silverplum

katelynn12 said:
NO YOU ARE WRONG, IF YOU ARE RECEIVING SSI DISABILITY YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY CHILDSUPPORT. SSI DISABILITY IS WELFARE AND MEANS YOU ARE POOR AND IF YOU CAN'T WORK AND SSI IS THE ONLY INCOME YOU ARE GETTING THEY CANNOT I REPEAT CANNOT TAKE IT FOR CHILDSUPPORT. :p
Please don't post in all caps. It's like shouting.

BL

Phnx02 said:
Blonde Lebinese said:

Wrong......The receipt of SSI disability will not reduce your CS obligation to nothing. CS will decrease accordingly.

http://family-law.freeadvice.com/child_support/obligor_obligee.htm

Before you are so quick to label my response WRONG , re-read my reply .

Also learn some proper English . " Wrong......The receipt of SSI disability will not reduce your CS obligation to nothing. " ??
The recipient does not reduce anything , only the Court makes rulings and Orders .

I said reduce ( or ) .... Depending on the State and It's guidelines , there may ( or ) may not be a minimum child support amount ordered , for Obligors with little or no income .

Also an SSI recipients benefits can NOT be seized to pay child support arrears .

However , if the Obligor has a drivers license and falls into arrears , that and other licenses might and very well could be suspended during the time in arrears .

To posters who haven't got a clue to reply , please refrain from doing so .

Last edited:

dragonflie

YES! you will have to pay the back support if any,and have your chilsupport lowered,due to disablilty,at least at a smaller amount.Thats if your permantly dis.good luck and get ahold of your case worker.

BelizeBreeze

dragonflie said:
YES! you will have to pay the back support if any,and have your chilsupport lowered,due to disablilty,at least at a smaller amount.Thats if your permantly dis.good luck and get ahold of your case worker.
Listen DAMNIT, STOP Dredging up old posts or you may find your PRIVILEDGE to post here revoked.

GOT IT YET?

E

eme76

dragonflie said:

STOP REPLYING TO OLD THREADS!!!!! (please:eek: )

BB-no fair you type faster

dragonflie

YES! you will have to pay the back support if any,and have your childsupport lowered,due to disablilty,at least at a smaller amount.Thats if your permantly dis.good luck and get ahold of your case worker.

dragonflie said:
YES! you will have to pay the back support if any,and have your childsupport lowered,due to disablilty,at least at a smaller amount.Thats if your permantly dis.good luck and get ahold of your case worker.
*waves to Kelly* period:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">