• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to tell ncp how I spend support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NYmom74

What is the name of your state? New York City

Just got my judgement, and now my ex boyfriend seems to think I have to tell him how and when I spend the child support. He also seems to think since the courts recognise him as the father and is sending child support he has the right to tell me where and who I can live with. In New York, do I have to tell him where the money is spent? Right now I am living with my parents, so if I save some or even all of the child support and use that to move out can I do that?
ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

GrowUp!

NYmom74 said:

Just got my judgement, and now my ex boyfriend seems to think I have to tell him how and when I spend the child support. He also seems to think since the courts recognise him as the father and is sending child support he has the right to tell me where and who I can live with. In New York, do I have to tell him where the money is spent?
No.

Neal1421

NYmom74 said:

Just got my judgement, and now my ex boyfriend seems to think I have to tell him how and when I spend the child support. He also seems to think since the courts recognise him as the father and is sending child support he has the right to tell me where and who I can live with. In New York, do I have to tell him where the money is spent? Right now I am living with my parents, so if I save some or even all of the child support and use that to move out can I do that?
ThanksWhat is the name of your state?
No, you do not have to tell him anything about how you spend the money.

NYmom74 said:
Right now I am living with my parents, so if I save some or even all of the child support and use that to move out can I do that?
Yes.

You are wearing the pants when it comes to determining how the money is spent. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">