• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Child support change when child is in college and turns 21?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

need2knowlaw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I have 3 children I'm paying child support for. Two are in college and 1 is in high school. The oldest just turned 21. I've heard child support stops when the child turns 21 in Indiana. I plan to continue paying my portion of college costs but would like to reduce the child support payments to the exwife. I've run the Indiana child support calculator 2 ways and it makes ~$20/week difference if my 21 year old child is included or not. When I list my 21 year old child as engaged in post secondary education the worksheet says my contribution is $0 but if I completely remove my child from the worksheet the child support amount is decreased by $20. Do I need to include my 21 year old college student in the Child Support Calculation Worksheet?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">