• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Child Support Cover these?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sad_dad

What is the name of your state?I live in Washington State.

My daughter is 4 yrs old and my ex-wife has custody.

Currently I pay child support plus half of the daycare.

In addition to the child support and daycare expense, now my ex-wife requests that I pay half of the painting, piano and swimming, ballet classes my daughter goes to.

Next year my daughter will be 5 yrs old and she is going to public kindergarten. inadditon to child support, my ex-wife requests that I pay half of the after-school programs.

My question is, does child support cover painting, piano and swimming, ballet classes and after-school programs?

J

jkathaz

check out the thread under "Custody & Visit." called CS Modification by Mommabear76. (it is about 3-4 pgs in) It gets a bit nasty, but there is one post that should be helpful.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It depends almost entirely on your specific order.

Since you pay half of daycare, it is entirely likely that you would be required to pay half of afterschool care when your child begins kindergarten. The extracurricular activities (dance, painting, etc)? LOL Does your order require you to pay half of extracurriculars? If not, then no - you don't have to. But the question will be - do they function as afterschool care or not? Depending on how your order is written, it may be worth filing for a modification - tho you should speak with a local attorney who can read your order in it's entirety.

K

krispenstpeter

Hell no you shouldn't pay a penny more than you are required to by the order of the court.

Hell, at that age it's about time she got her ass out on the street and made a living.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">