+ Reply to Thread
    Ansfre2712 is offline Junior Member

Does medicaid have to be paid back?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Rhode island
    Well in RI child support is taken from non custodial parents paycheck, since the child support hearing was recent my son's father has to pay himself until the whole wage garnishtment starts (not sure when that will be). Well he has to pay 145 a week but this week I only recieved 90 dollars? I called and asked him how much he paid he said 145. I know he might be lying to me but at the same time I'm wondering if medicaid is taking their money back. When I call child support services the machine (it's hard to get a real person to talk to you) only said a payment of 90 dollars was made. Nothing about them taking any money.

BTW: I had medicaid when I was pregnant and had it until january of this year they said I failed to re-apply which is a lie because I did send in all the paper work on time. So baby and I don't have insurance right now.

Can my child support be taken away without informing me?
    BL
    BL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansfre2712 View Post
    Well in RI child support is taken from non custodial parents paycheck, since the child support hearing was recent my son's father has to pay himself until the whole wage garnishtment starts (not sure when that will be). Well he has to pay 145 a week but this week I only recieved 90 dollars? I called and asked him how much he paid he said 145. I know he might be lying to me but at the same time I'm wondering if medicaid is taking their money back. When I call child support services the machine (it's hard to get a real person to talk to you) only said a payment of 90 dollars was made. Nothing about them taking any money.

BTW: I had medicaid when I was pregnant and had it until january of this year they said I failed to re-apply which is a lie because I did send in all the paper work on time. So baby and I don't have insurance right now.

So reapply if you qualify and see what is up with the whole issue.

Generally if you disagree with a decision you have a right to file for a hearing within 30 days I believe it is .

Yes ,the State can keep most of that money ,if it's owed to them .
    single317dad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansfre2712 View Post

If the state has provided any form of support for your child in lieu of the other parent, why would they not be entitled to recover those funds?
    More importantly, what does the order say? Was CS enforcement involved in getting the order?
    ecmst12 is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest that you get your medicaid straightened out so your child can get his checkups.